Danaher Corporation Application Support Specialist in Tokyo, Japan
As a global leader in mass spectrometry, SCIEX delivers solutions for precision detection and quantification of molecules to help protect and advance the wellness and safety of all. Because of our 50 years of groundbreaking innovation, our customers can quickly respond to environmental hazards, better understand biomarkers relevant to disease, improve patient care in the clinic, bring relevant drugs to market faster, and keep food healthier and safer. At SCIEX, you’ll find a rewarding role that amplifies your impact on the world and helps you realize life’s potential.
SCIEX is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Essential Duties, Critical Success Factors, Responsibilities, Authorities and Required Interactions:
By using sophisticated knowledge on science and mass spec technical skill set, the person support internal and external customers to drive our business.
1) Pre-sales activitiesPresentation at seminar and users meeting Consultation to prospects Sample analysis and demonstration to prospects Preparation of tech notes and application notes to promote our solution Customer visit with sales rep Technical support on new product launch Collaboration with key customers
2) Post-sales activitiesOn-line customer support (phone and e-mail) Customer training (on-site and in-house) Trouble shooting Consultation on application Preparation of manuals
3) Internal activitiesWork as a member of global application network Education and coaching peers and junior chemists Sales training about new product (hardware and software)
4) Business trip
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Three or more years of experience of quantitation and qualitative analysis using LC-MS/MS or Capillary Electrophoresis .
• Experience of method development.
• Experience of operation on LC/MS or LC/MS/MS or Capillary Electrophoresis .
• Understands fundamental business environment
• Sales mindset
• Interactive communication skill for customers
• Effective communications/relationship skill within/across department
• Native speaking and writing skill of Japanese
• Intermediate level of English communication skill (TOEIC >650 is preferable)
• Travels are required
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we’ll empower you to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.