Danaher Corporation Field Marketing Manager Flow in Toronto, Ontario
Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care. Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see. If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or atwww.beckmancoulter.com. Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MAIN OBJECTIVES * Work directly with the sales teams to execute action plans that achieve the annual operating plan.
- Collaborate with the product line business unit to translate business unit strategy and product positioning into geographically specific tactical business plans.
- Leverage a close understanding of the market and customers’ needs to create, implement and measure impact of local/regional demand generation initiatives.
- Positively impact sales force effectiveness through training, creation of relevant sales tools and working directly with the sales team.
- Engage and cultivate strategic customer relationships in order to understand key market trends and to develop a strong network of reference contacts. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible, in partnership with the product line Sales Managers and VP of Sales, to develop field marketing initiatives in order to generate demand for Beckman Coulter Life Sciences- Flow Cytometry.
- Gather detailed regional and product line specific market intelligence from customers and the sales organization to:
- Provide insight to the Business Unit (BU) product managers to assist in the development of future business and product strategy
- Use market intelligence to develop and implement sales tools that enhance sales force effectiveness
- Work with sales managers and sales representatives to identify and cultivate reference customers;
- Customers will be supported to become customer advocates of Beckman Coulter
- Customers may present Beckman Coulter solutions within key technical conferences
- Customers may act as references to facilitate and advance other opportunities
- Work closely with commercial marketing teams, using customer and market intelligence, to support the development and implementation of successful digital demand generation campaigns.
- Ensure a detailed understanding of competitive products and solutions and work with Business Unit product management to develop effective competitive counter strategies and tactics.
- Identify and ensure attendance at key trade shows and scientific conferences to enhance customer awareness of Beckman Coulter Life Science solutions.
- Work in conjunction with Sales Operations to extract and analyse data from Beckman Coulter Systems (SFDC, Oracle) to provide insight into sales performance, competitive tactics and associated sales tools in order to enhance sales effectiveness.
- Work with Sales Operations and Sales Management to identify and implement Kaizen opportunities to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the commercial teams.
- Responsible for development and monitoring Field Marketing KPI’s, metrics and bowlers.
- Work alongside Sales Managers to support new hires during the on-boarding process.
- Support and train the sales organisation through appropriate product and/or application training (in classroom, co-travel, webex, etc...).
- Using customer and market intelligence, support the development and implementation of inside sales tactics and campaigns.
Essential Experience * Scientific qualification at degree level of Bachelor’s or above required * Academic or professional experience in Flow Cytometry preferred * MBA qualification preferred * At least 5 years’ experience in a customer facing role and/or marketing in the scientific/laboratory segment (a business involving capital equipment experience preferred) * High flexibility and autonomous work methods and confident navigation in dynamic environment * Ability to lead by persuasion and influence * Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills in English * Experience of working within a global, multi-cultural, matrixed organisation * Willing to travel regularly (approximately 40-50%) * Successful candidate will live in North America and within a reasonable driving distance to major metropolitan area and airport
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Life Sciences
Job Function: Marketing
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-Nevada
Req ID: BEC012414