Danaher Corporation Business Analyst in Torrance, California
Danaher Company Description
Phenomenex is a global technology leader committed to developing novel analytical chemistry solutions that solve the separation and purification challenges of researchers in industrial, clinical, government and academic laboratories. From drug discovery and pharmaceutical development to food safety and environmental analysis, Phenomenex chromatography products, technical services and chemical reference standards accelerate science and help researchers improve global health and well-being.
Selected by the Wall Street Journal as an "Exceptional Workplace," Phenomenex is defined by its passionate people, dynamic culture and distinctive ingenuity. These common characteristics unify the Phenomenex companies worldwide behind our mission "to promote the growth, prosperity and well-being of those we serve - our customers, our employees, and humanity.
- Conduct data analysis to assist in identifying strategic business opportunities for growth.
- Develop and maintain dashboards and automated reporting to visualize key business metrics and track performance.
- Provide support to management team and stakeholders by responding to ad-hoc data requests.
- Monitor data integrity and work with appropriate team members to correct and prevent issues.
- Collaborate with internal customers (sales, marketing, and production teams) to measure the ROI of various programs.
- Present and defend key results in both formal and informal settings to senior managers.
· BA or BS, ideally with emphasis in business analysis, marketing, statistics, or related field.
· 2-4 years of experience.
· Solid business acumen, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
· Detail oriented,comfortable with ambiguity,and able to juggle concurrent projects.
· Must be self-motivated, curious, and carry a positive attitude.
· Ability to create reports in Tableau including calculated fields, data-blending, custom SQL queries, and dual-axis plots.
· High level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of relational databases, pivot tables, and advanced functions (IF, AND, VLOOKUP, and SUMIFS)
· Ability to quickly learn new software tools and solutions. Prior experience with data analysis tools, Microsoft AX, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, R, Python, SQL, and/or Google Analytics a plus.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
· Excellent presentation skills (PowerPoint).
· Ability to use data to tell an effective story.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Marketing
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Torrance
Req ID: PHE000342