Danaher Corporation EHS Intern in Torrance, California
Danaher Company Description
Phenomenex is a global technology leader committed to developing novel analytical chemistry solutions that solve the separation and purification challenges of researchers in industrial, clinical, government and academic laboratories. From drug discovery and pharmaceutical development to food safety and environmental analysis, Phenomenex chromatography products, technical services and chemical reference standards accelerate science and help researchers improve global health and well-being.
Selected by the Wall Street Journal as an "Exceptional Workplace," Phenomenex is defined by its passionate people, dynamic culture and distinctive ingenuity. These common characteristics unify the Phenomenex companies worldwide behind our mission "to promote the growth, prosperity and well-being of those we serve - our customers, our employees, and humanity.
This 3 month internship involves assisting the EHS Team in all aspects of the site’s environmental, health and safety program. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing, updating and posting various EHS programs, policies and training materials
- Support the site inspection program; Participating in facility inspections to detect potential EHS hazards
- Assisting management in accident investigations to determine root causes and the implementation of corrective actions
- Special projects as assigned by the EHS Leader, such as emergency response procedures, risk assessment, and various others
- Perform routine data / trend analysis, and research, related to EHS performance
- Assist EH&S with the compliance of applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Assist with and/or perform routine audits of required documentation, review for completeness and demonstration of compliance.
- Attend workplace hazardous assessments to assist with the identification of potential hazards in the manufacturing areas and engineering development labs.
- Attend and support training and/or drills on emergency procedures, hazardous materials/waste, incident/accident investigation, and hazardous work activities.
- Assist in the update of various aspects and responsibilities in the Gensuite EHS System – including data entry, running reports from such data entered and interpreting results.
- Assist in performing Safety and Environmental Assessments and Job Hazard Analyses of operations.
- Assist in the preparation of Safety Communications including – Daily Safety Briefings and Safety Training Modules.
- Complete assigned EHS tasks / projects and other administrative duties as assigned
- The ability to understand new concepts and apply them accurately
- The ability to follow general and detailed instructions as well as organizational policies and procedures
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to enable effective interface with internal professionals
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Strong commitment to career in Environmental Health and Safety
- An analytic approach to problem solving
- Strong knowledge of computer and Microsoft products
- Willingness and ability to learn from others
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- One who strives for academic success
- Desire to work in a fast paced ever changing environment
- Ability to be agile as business needs change and shift frequently
· Participating in a University level EHS program or some equivalent
· At a minimum, at least a Junior year status; Beginning a Masters program in the field preferred__
Danaher Corporation Overview
anaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Environmental Health & Safety
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Torrance
Req ID: PHE000357