Danaher Corporation Quality Control Lab Technician I in Torrance, California
Danaher Company Description
Phenomenex is a global technology leader committed to developing novel analytical chemistry solutions that solve the separation and purification challenges of researchers in industrial, clinical, government and academic laboratories. From drug discovery and pharmaceutical development to food safety and environmental analysis, Phenomenex chromatography products, technical services and chemical reference standards accelerate science and help researchers improve global health and well-being.
Selected by the Wall Street Journal as an "Exceptional Workplace," Phenomenex is defined by its passionate people, dynamic culture and distinctive ingenuity. These common characteristics unify the Phenomenex companies worldwide behind our mission "to promote the growth, prosperity and well-being of those we serve - our customers, our employees, and humanity.
The Quality Control Lab Technician I is responsible for evaluating products made and/or distributed by Phenomenex. This testing primarily involves the assessment of 1) raw materials manufactured at Phenomenex and/or 2) finished good products manufactured at Phenomenex in one of several Production areas. This role will interact with various departments such as Manufacturing, Production, Quality Assurance and provide support to allow for proper evaluation of products that will be sent to customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a clean, organized and presentable work space
- Adhere to ISO:9001 guidelines as required.
- Use computer program(s) to test, process and evaluate product
- Follow all assigned testing and operating instructions for assigned work area
- Support key initiatives as assigned by department Manager.
- Handle and dispose of chemicals used in the testing process per company guidelines.
- Complete assigned training and reading assignments as outlined by department Manager.
- Follow all assigned safety rules and regulations for assigned work area.
- Complete testing assignments as outlined by department Manager.
- Compare test results for product to applicable pass/fail criteria.
- Identify and escalate issues to department Manager in a timely manner.
- High school diploma required
- Comfortable with using a computer
- Able to use computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Torrance
Req ID: PHE000381