Danaher Corporation Product Designer in Victoria, British Columbia
Location: Victoria, Canada
Our passion is designing and building applications with clean and intuitive user experiences that deliver huge value to brands across the globe. We’re growing our team at Esko and looking for a Product Designer to help us create innovative solutions for managing artwork, packaging and marketing collateral on our new cloud platform.
You’ll collaborate with an experienced R&D team, in a beautiful office space located on the top floor of a hotel in downtown Victoria. There’s access to an on-site gym, pool and cycling facilities, and you’ll be within close walking distance to fabulous greenspace and restaurants. You can also enjoy the flexibility of our hybrid work approach with the option to work remotely for part of your week.
Esko, a Danaher company, is a global provider of integrated software and hardware solutions that digitize, automate and connect the go-to-market process of consumer goods. Esko connects people, processes and tools to meet the needs of global brands and the people who trust them. Esko customers bring consumer products to life with accuracy, efficiency and speed. Packaging for 9 out of 10 major brands is produced by Esko customers today. Headquartered in Gent, Belgium, Esko employs 1,800 people worldwide with a unique focus on packaging.
Our core values:
We empower creativity and unconventional thinking to help us uncover breakthrough solutions and accelerate the pace of innovation. We believe with conviction that diversity helps us uncover more powerful customer insights and ultimately creates a competitive advantage in the markets we serve.
And we would love to have you on this journey with us! Apply today.
The Product Designer role is a unique opportunity to:
Contribute in a meaningful way to the formation of ideas, concepts and UI designs for interactive cloud applications that solve challenges for the brands market.
In this role, you’ll work with the R&D team to create user interfaces and interactions that are easy to understand, enjoyable to use and provide a rich feature set. You’ll learn from end user patterns through integrated analytics tools and develop a thorough understanding of the market, in order to define requirements and propose solutions for continuously improving our products.
We are looking for a professional who is:
· Creative – has an eye for clean, high-quality design and brings forward new ideas as well as industry-leading practices.
· Solution-Oriented – understands customer needs and solves problems with innovation at the forefront of their mind.
· Effective Communicator – has excellent listening skills and ability to interpret business needs and communicate requirements to a variety of audiences.
· Team Player – creates commitment and trust through strong work ethics and intentionally makes connections with both internal partners and external contacts.
· Motivated and Driven – highly self-managed to focus and direct their energy and efforts towards achieving success.
Your education and/or background experience will include:
· 5+ years of relevant work experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field of study
· Experience with designing creative and intuitive, user-centered designs for interactive web applications
· Knowledge of Google’s Material Design and Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
· Interest in visual communications, graphic design and modern cloud applications
At Danaher, your potential is amplified. Our culture of continuous improvement defines who we are, drives our success, and translates to a career without limits for our team of 65,000 intellectually curious associates. Listen to our voices: https://jobs.danaher.com/global/en/our-difference
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.