Danaher Corporation IT System Engineer_Shanghai in China
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
T h is position fulfills roles and responsibilities of IT systems for Beckman Coulter in both Asia Pacific – level and global level, to support and develop flawless IT services and solutions to Beckman Coulter.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent will also be responsible for, but not limiting to the following duties :
- Performs all responsibilities of administration, support and development, associated with IT services and computing environment.
- Provides IT daily operations for data center in region.
- Collaborate with other IT staff and users to plan, setup and deploy initiatives, projects; clarify, investigate, communicate and resolve global, regional and local IT issues.
- Resolves requests from end users and IT internal; participate global, regional and local IT projects, as one of technical resources.
- Troubleshoots problems with IT infra systems, including hardware, software, e-mail / messaging, computer networks, systems, backup and recovery, and peripheral equipment problems; Define and design working procedures; Makes repairs and corrections where required.
- Coordinates and performs IT quality tasks, e.g. SOX, ISO, Lean and IT reporting / documenting.
- Develops and provides training to IT staff and end users where and when appropriate.
Proactively coordinates with users and IT staff to define regional and local IT priorities, initiatives and ensure IT meets customer needs.
This description is a summary of principle responsibilities and is not intended to include all duties may be assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS:
External contacts for this position include customers, suppliers and agency which related with our company’s information technology system.
Internal contacts include all staff among the company.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN:
The incumbent of this position is responsible for his/her own work in accordance with IT policies / standards and his/her supervisors/managers’ instruction . Most of work requires analysis and use of initiative and independent judgment while part of assignments is specific and well defined.
EDUCATION: Bachelor degree in computer science / computer engineering / information management or higher degree.
LANGUAGE: Excellent command in English (written and oral) and fluent Mandarin.
- Standard system administrator functions such as server monitoring, patch/security updates, antivirus, routine data backup & restoration, WSUS for patch management.
- Familiar with: VMWare, Microsoft Active Directory, SharePoint, MDT, SCCM and WSUS, Request Management System (such as Remedy), Lenovo Think products, basic networks, Microsoft Windows server OS, VPN, backup / recovery systems, Siemens telephony, HP servers, IT server room / data center and etc.
- Extra points: Knowledge of Azure/AWS cloud service /Power Shell skills
Extra points: MS SQL Server & basic database skills
EXPERIENCE: Over 3 years IT administration work experience. At least one or two year’s proven experience in IT system engineer positions.
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES :
Resolves routine issues; identifies non-routine issues and take actions to resolve. Informs necessary individuals on status of work and decisions. Solicits input from others and includes them in the decision-making process when other people or processes will be affected.
- Strong communication / customer service skills; good understanding and experience about ITIL in multinational commercial companies
- Focuses on key tasks when faced with limited time and resources; quickly identifies projects and initiatives requiring special attention; customer focused with ability to work independently and lead lower level IT administrators against deadlines.
Mature with the ability to research, design, present, deploy and evaluate IT solutions to management / users, negotiate and understand business processes.
This position require s business travel .
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
This position functions in a general office environment.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Information Technology
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-China-China
Req ID: BEC011366