Danaher Corporation Global Key Account and Projects Manager – South Europe in Spain
Danaher Company Description
Hachis a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION:Ensuring water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION:We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most knowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use solutions.
WATER QUALITY GROUP * * Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
*The Global Key Account and Projects Manager South Europewill be instrumental in shaping and delivering on the future strategy & structure of the global Hach Projects business. For the purposes of describing this role, the word ‘Projects’ is used to define opportunities influenced by Engineering & Consulting firms (E&C’s), Engineering/Procurement/Construction firms (EPC’s) and/or System Integrators (SI’s) that involve the design, specification, procurement and installation of equipment & systems on behalf of a Hach customer/end-user to achieve desired/improved business performance. * This Global Key Account and Projects Manager South Europeis a senior account management role focused on building strategic relationships with international engineering companies involved in projects in the municipal and industrial water and wastewater markets globally, and building internal relationships with sales, marketing, commercial, and technical resources. This position will be well-networked and highly-polished, engaging and managing a defined, carefully selected set of Global Key Accounts and major project opportunities.
This role is a strategic sales role focusing on three main Clusters of Activities and Targets:
- Regional Business Development/Account management at targeted Global Strategic Accounts o Building strategic relationships with Engineering companies (E&C, EPC, SI) across the region to develop a strong network and medium to long term strategy. Targeted global accounts will include selected global Water treatment engineering companies and others as business evolves in the region.
- Project management of larger and international opportunities involving targeted accounts o Using a proactive approach to manage opportunities in the pipeline by aligning with all relevant stakeholders, both internal and external, and bring them into success. External stakeholder includes; E&Cs, EPCs, Integrators, Operators/Owners of water assets and any other party that has an influence on the selection of analytical measuring equipment and software vendors and solutions providers. o Internal stakeholders include, Regional Directors, Country Managers and Sales and Service subsidiary organisations. Critical responsibilities will include accuracy of advanced opportunities in SFDC, early engagement related to service and start-up where equipment is purchased via third party.
- People and Capability Development for the Region o Identify and develop the overall capabilities and understanding of Project Business within the region. The GKA Project Manager will act as subject matter expert on project delivery models for both Municipal and Industrial markets. Deploying formal training to ensure sustainment of standard work and building local capabilities around complex project delivery. Actively participating joint visits to deliver workshops, accelerate needs development and share/coach Best Practise. * ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:*
- Develop strategic relationships and eventually partnerships with targeted water treatment engineering Project companies (E&C/EPC/SI, Project delivery partners).
- Understand the market and its trends, competitors, and opportunities covering the whole project process (including end-users, design engineers, integrators and OEM’s)
- Support regional sales leaders to develop project business and improve capabilities of the regional project organizations in various global regions.
- Become highly proficient with the DBS tools to drive change and sustain process improvements.
- Interface with cross-functional leaders and teams to develop and improve sales tools and Hach offerings needed to facilitate success with targeted accounts.
- Lead the sales process for cross border projects as required to ensure transparency and alignment of execution i.e. bid strategy, service and start-up
- Driving key initiatives to get Hach key technologies (Claros, Service, Biotector and Applitek) recognized by the targeted accounts *Project Management of opportunities with targeted accounts *
- Manage the triangle between E&C, Contractor, end- user and other key stakeholders after identifying the opportunity in the early stage
- Provide the required level of support on projects from inception to closure ensuring smooth transition into the 90-day funnel (post Bid stage). People and Capability Development for the Region* *
- Share best practice on a regular basis with sales leaders and key persons to accelerate the overall traction with external stakeholders
- Using joint activities and joint visits to increase personal capabilities of key members of the sales organization.
- Running training on regular basis in the field of solution selling capabilities, understanding the projects business and how to manage long term and complex opportunities
- Mentoring, coaching and management of key opportunities to ensure we will drive them into success.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES: * Ability to quickly establish significant credibility, trust and support with all levels of the organization incl. peers, subordinates and senior management. (Leadership Anchor: “Builds Teams and Organizations”). * Ability to lead and coordinate multi-disciplinary teams to pursue and capture major project opportunities, and to help educate the organization on project management disciplines. (Leadership Anchor: “Builds Teams and Organizations”). * Bring a consultative selling mindset to all interactions with targeted accounts. (Leadership Anchor: Charts the Course”) * Understanding of how water treatment engineering firms work and sell. (Leadership Anchor: Charts the Course”) * Ability to develop creative and strategic solutions. (Leadership Anchor: “Drives Innovation and Growth”) * Strong communication skills and executive presence are prerequisites, as are a high degree of commercial and technical competency. (Leadership Anchor: Charts the Course”) * Strong organization and planning skills, with the ability to manage a portfolio of project opportunities and key account responsibilities. (Leadership Anchor: Charts the Course”) * Candidates should have a broad base of experience working within a global matrix organization. * Capable of driving change management initiatives, introducing new strategies and tactics, demonstrating value and sustaining improvements through the leveraging of DBS tools. (Leadership Anchor: “Leads Through DBS”) * Strong quantitative and analytical skills. Ability to analyze complicated issues and boil down to the key points, develop action plans and bring to a successful conclusion. (Leadership Anchor: “Leads Through DBS”) * Superior interpersonal skills with an ability to work with people at multiple levels both inside and outside of Danaher. (Leadership Anchor: Charts the Course”) QUALIFICATIONS: * Water treatment, Environmental, chemistry, process technology, electrical engineering or related technology bachelor’s degree required, * Minimum 8 years of strategic selling experience in a B to B sales environment with high technology solutions, ideally in water/wastewater treatment to municipal and industrial markets, * Experience in selling consultancy solutions in water treatment industries, ideally 3-5 years with track record of success, * International experience in a key account management role * Experience working within a large global organization in a matrix environment * Must have the ability to manage consistently to a common plan, providing sales leadership in the implementation of corporate sales strategies. * Position requires intensive travel throughout countries of South Europe with a minimum of 50% being required * Fluency in Spanish required; French or Italian desirable * Fluency in English required
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaheris a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-Spain
Req ID: HAC007351