Danaher Corporation Buyer in India
Danaher Company Description
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications. Come join our vision for abetter wayand help make life better for us all! For more details, visit us atwww.cepheid.comor follow us on Twitter (@CepheidNews).
- Job Title: Buyer
Job Location: Bangalore / Chennai
Date Written: 3rd Oct 2019
Written By: Dev Lad
GCRF Job Level: P2
GCRF Job Family: Supply Chain & Logistics
The position is required to be a team player in highly demanding Supply Chain Org, responsible for all aspects of Materials Management, Procurement, and Strategic Sourcing for the supply of products and services encompassing Direct BOM and Indirect Non-BOM spend. This includes establishing and maintaining strategic sourcing relationships with emphasis on quality, delivery and cost. Responsibilities also include ensuring continuity of supply, maintaining proper inventory levels and lead projects which will drive YOY Savings improvement and localization initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Establishes and maintains supply system as assigned to ensure uninterrupted supply of required materials.
• Makes independent decisions to place and maintain purchase orders to support ongoing material supply including long-term contracts. Determines appropriate amount of inventory to support production and manage risk.
• Monitors supplier performance holds supplier accountable for performance levels.
• Takes part in Regular Business Reviews with key suppliers; works with the cross-functional team to establish agenda and compile performance data and analyze against established service level agreements
• Maintains open lines of communication with suppliers for prompt resolution of quality or delivery problems
• Maintains high level of knowledge about commodity suppliers and market conditions to support strategic sourcing decisions; conducts research to understand overall supply market dynamics and makes independent decisions on procurement matters.
• Actively engages with operations team and provides a high level of responsiveness and communication as it pertains to supply chain needs
• Negotiates with suppliers to attain lowest possible total cost for purchased commodities.
• Maintains supply system database for proper sourcing, procurement lead times, order quantities, prices and internal delivery requirements.
• Understands and appropriately manages inventory for new product, transitioning and discontinued product lines
• Works with Sourcing/Supplier Development team to identify re-sourcing and cost-reduction opportunities
• Demonstrates effective problem-solving skills by working independently and engaging appropriate cross functional teams to address vendor/part issues.
• Assists with action plans, root cause and countermeasures for objectives.
• Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time
• Proactively request for trainings that are required to improve the existing job performance or as a part of development plan.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Experience (in years):
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering
• 5 plus years’ experience in Procurement and Supply Chain with minimum 2 yrs in Med Tech industry.
Knowledge and skills:
• Commodity management experience and / or purchasing experience preferred procuring a wide range of commodities, preferably in a manufacturing environment – Chemicals, Equipment, Plastics, Packaging and MRO/Consumable items.
• Accredited Purchasing Practitioner (APP) certification or Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), CIP’s Chartered Institute of Purchasing certification preferred.
• Has a solid understanding of purchasing “best practice” including but not limited to – Supplier PULL systems, VMI, supplier assessment and vendor rating, including supplier performance reviews.
• Knowledge ideally within the IVD / Med-Tech industry.
• Assist in continued development of grow/maintain/phase out supplier strategies, driving continuous improvement.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Excellent negotiation skills required, based upon a solid professional ethical foundation.
• Supporting new business proposals / opportunities with supplier technological inputs / information.
• Has a solid understanding of Material Requirement Planning (MRP) system.
• Possesses excellent computer skills including - Microsoft: PowerPoint, Access, Excel and Word.
• Strong analytical skills to support / drive business decisions and performance.
• A self-motivated, dynamic, systems thinking professional with the ability to organize and plan to deliver the required business goals and objectives.
• Experience with conversion from Import content to Local India content to drive Make in India programs.
• Must be able to professionally interact with internal and external contacts at all levels.
• Ability to facilitate and effectively hold meetings and training sessions as required.
• Travel as required
• Must be able to work at manufacturing sites (brown field & green field sites)
• Domestic and International travel as required
• Added advantage to have knowledge of local languages – Tamil & Kannada
• SCM Certifications
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Med-Tech industry in India.
• Experience with conversion of Import spend to Local spend (Localization)
• Valid US Visa
• SAP experience
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Job Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-India-India
Req ID: CEP004706
Cepheid is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.