Danaher Corporation Applications Scientist-Microplate Readers& GenePIX Microarray Systems in United States
Danaher Company Description
Molecular Devices, LLC creates innovative, high-quality bioanalysis solutions that increase our customers’ productivity. By joining Molecular Devices, you will work with best-in-class people who share a common purpose, to be our customers' first choice for systems, consumables, software, and support that advance both basic and applied life science discovery. Our core values are critical elements of our past and future success -- The best team wins. Customers talk, we listen. Continuous improvement is our way of life. Leading edge innovation defines our future. We compete for our shareholders.
Molecular Devices offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
Molecular Devices is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
1) Provide high level support to existing and potential customers.
2) Support Account Managers on sales calls to customer facilities to provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer enquiries.
3) Perform product demonstrations and support evaluations in the field through on-site visits or in-house evaluations.
4) Prepare and present seminars to customers and potential customers.
5) Provide in-depth applications training to customers at their facilities.
6) Assist in the management and maintenance of European demonstration equipment and co-ordination of the demonstration timetable.
7) Report on activities in the field on a regular basis to line manager and sales management as requested.
8) Perform sample work-ups and testing of customer samples in the UK laboratories
9) Assist in the development of new applications and methodologies in conjunction with customers and colleagues.
10) Report on technical trends by relating customer and competitor feedback to appropriate people within the company and provide assistance in generating marketing materials when required
11) Provide technical training for account managers to develop technical selling strategies vs. competition and traditional technologies
12) Provide reports on new product capabilities and acceptance when required
13) General support of other products if required (training on such products will be provided when necessary).
14) Perform other general related duties as assigned.
15) Takes responsibility for own personal development and knowing about the market and competition.
16) Be aware of Health and Safety and conduct yourself in a way that does not put you or any other person at risk.
o Essential - BSc degree, in life science technology with an emphasis in (molecular) biology or biochemistry with relevant post graduate or industrial experience, or, a PhD. Must be able to demonstrate strong scientific background knowledge
o Essential –German and English language skills
o Desirable– industrial experience with Molecular Devices products will be a major advantage.
• Demonstrable experience in a life science technology, pharmaceutical, scientific equipment or similar organisation. Evidence of strong skill set supporting customers (internal and external) in a technical or scientific role.
• Able to demonstrate a high degree of technical competence and confidence.
• Have excellent German and English written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills with the ability to interface with the scientific community and colleagues at all levels.
• Working knowledge of SoftMax Pro, MS Office, graphing software & database management software is highly desirable
• Be highly motivated with excellent organisational skills.
• Ability to work effectively both independently or as part of a geographically diverse team.
• Ability to work together in a positive, constructive way with customers and colleagues in anticipating and resolving issues.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Molecular Devices
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-Germany
Req ID: MOL002074