Danaher Corporation Business Development Manager - Chemistry in United States
Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or atwww.beckmancoulter.com.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Achieve sales targets for Hardware, Consumables and Service for product line by working with Manager of Business Development, National Account Manager and Account Managers to achieve monthly targets.
- Promote product line through personal contact with Pathologists, Clinicians, Laboratory Managers, Medical Scientists, and other Laboratory Personnel.
- Conduct sales calls with Manager of Business Development and Account Managers
- Liaise with, and assist our current customers to achieve a superior level of customer service. Attend to customer concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Work closely with the Manager of Business Development to assess customer requirements, develop product strategies, and advise customers on the most appropriate products and technical solutions to fulfil these requirements.
- Work closely with the Manager of Business Development to identify and build relationships with Key Opinion Leaders to align with your product line
- Liaise with global marketing and coordinate product launches and sales promotion tools using the standard work process.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns that will lead to an increase in sales
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Work with product business unit to manage stock control, facilitate market pricing
- Work with Account Managers to arrange product demonstrations for customer evaluation of product line.
- Provide feedback to develop sales budgets and suggest appropriate strategies to achieve objectives.
- Undertake training courses or development programs as required to improve personal levels of knowledge and skill to the level required to meet personal and company objectives.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Biomedical Science Degree, Science Degree or equivalent
- Equivalent 3 years Laboratory experience in Clinical Chemistry
- Equivalent 3 years sales experience, Diagnostics sales experience preferred
- Be able to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of hospital and healthcare industry hierarchy – from Lab staff to Executive Management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, both with external and internal customers
- Maintains an image that reflects the professional standards of Beckman Coulter at all times
- High level of self-motivation ensuring the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Requires flexibility and the ability to respond to changing requirements dictated by market situation and/or company goals
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise projects
Computer literacy – Excel 2013, Word 2013, PowerPoint, CRM system
Confidence in public speaking
- Confidence in preparing and giving technical presentations and delivering customer instrument demonstrations
- High degree of commercial awareness and ability to translate commercial value through presentations and delivering sales results
- Strong level of influential skills and adaptable to customers at all levels, internally and externally
- Able to work within a highly dynamic team environment
- Professional associations such as AACB would be highly regarded
- Drivers’ license and valid passport to enable travel to customer visits
- This role will consist of 50% travel, mostly domestic but some international travel is required. Successful candidate will need to be flexible and hold all documentation required to travel.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Marketing
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-Asia Pacific Rim-Australia
Req ID: BEC013729