Danaher Corporation Contract Manager in United States
Danaher Company Description
Danaher’s corporate headquarters are located in Washington, DC, with executives positioned globally. Our extraordinary success is the direct result of our people and the Danaher Business System (DBS). DBS has evolved from a collection of manufacturing improvement tools into a philosophy, set of values and series of management processes that collectively define who we are and how we do what we do. Today, our DBS tools are designed to help us excel in areas of GROWTH, LEADERSHIP and LEAN.
This position is responsible for defining and deploying contract management processes and tools to support the authoring, execution and management of “buy” contracts associated with corporate procurement. This position will support the contract development and management process with 3rdparty providers and internal procurement & legal professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to those identified below, other duties may be assigned.
- The position duties include the drafting, interpretation and management of contract documents in support of Procurement.
- Develop, review and approve processes and standard work for contract management.
- Support the efforts of Commodity Managers and their teams in establishing contractual requirements.
- Coordination with the 3rd party contract team leading the review and negotiation of the legal terms and conditions of the supplier agreements, in coordination with Procurement and the Legal Department.
- Interface with Legal in the development of standard contract templates and terms while assuring proper approvals. Support in creating / reviewing non-standard business terms.
- Develop processes to monitor and manage contract process to maximize efficiency while minimizing risk of supply and service contingencies.
Define processes to manage performance to contract terms and identification of opportunities and risks informing and working with Finance, external Professional Services, Legal and Procurement as necessary.
Quality of contract drafting and interpretation
- Effectiveness of processes deployed
- Cycle time from contract initiation to signature
- Delay in approvals
- Contract volume per spend category
- FX exposure volume
- Deviation of contract terms from standard clauses
- Percentage of agreements expiring without renewals
Inappropriate authorization and signature approvals
Important Competencies / Qualifications
Leadership – Lead others to effectively manage agreements.
- Teamwork - must be able to define and meet objectives as well as work well with all levels within the company.
- Ability to influence others - must be able to inform, convince, and persuade others to take action on key contract management initiatives.
- Results orientation - must deliver measurable results.
- Organizational Agility - must possess the ability to interface with and influence all levels of the organization and across functional boundaries.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BA/S 4-yr Degree
- 7 years’ experience working with the management of supply and services contracts
- 3 years’ experience with a contract management solution
- 2 years’ experience driving contact management process adherence via standard work
Legal experience strongly preferred
Key Internal Relationships
Reports to Corporate Procurement and dotted-line to Corporate Legal.
- Engages, influences and leads Corporate Procurement Staff, OpCo Procurement Leaders and other associates to ensure satisfactory contract management practices are being followed and executed.
Alignment with Corporate, OpCo, and external legal counsels.
English fluency required. Ability to read, analyze, and interprets contractual language to ensure proper actions are being taken to ensure full protectionism. Additional language skills are beneficial.
Limited travel is required.
Compensation Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States
Req ID: DAN000497