Danaher Corporation European Field Service Engineer in United States
Danaher Company Description
Molecular Devices, LLC creates innovative, high-quality bioanalysis solutions that increase our customers’ productivity. By joining Molecular Devices, you will work with best-in-class people who share a common purpose, to be our customers' first choice for systems, consumables, software, and support that advance both basic and applied life science discovery. Our core values are critical elements of our past and future success -- The best team wins. Customers talk, we listen. Continuous improvement is our way of life. Leading edge innovation defines our future. We compete for our shareholders.
Molecular Devices offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
Molecular Devices is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
Our Global Service Business is one of the fastest growing and most profitable parts of Molecular Devices business. In this role, you will join a team of dedicated field service professionals to help Service continue to win by helping to identify new ways for us to add value for our customers, consistently providing timely, high quality, on-site troubleshooting and maintenance services for high-performance bio-analytical measurement and research systems. In this role you will provide professional field service support for all MDC products, performing to agreed service levels for all customers within the assigned territory. This will include installations, service repair and preventative maintenance for MDC instruments and assisting other field service colleagues when required to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Become technically proficient in the support of our Bioresearch Imaging, BioProduction Development and Drug Discovery products so that you can provide consistent, world class levels of service and support to our customers
- Take ownership of all assigned customer service calls, repairs, installations, preventative maintenance and OQ schedules and ensuring timely closure of outstanding service issues
- Efficiently deliver our Services to minimize customer downtime and our costs
- Foster and maintain positive and professional relationships with both external and internal customers to exceed their service expectations
- Identify business opportunities that help us continue to deliver double-digit growth
- Complete all administrative operations within target timelines including call scheduling and call closure and providing detailed field service reports for all service activities
- Manage tools and test equipment inventory ensuring diagnostic tools are properly calibrated as required
- Promote a consistently positive image of the service organization, our company values, and the value of our products and services
- Awareness of Health and Safety and conducts self in a way that does not put him/herself or any other person at risk
- Carry out or assist with other duties by agreement with Supervisor and Service Manager
Qualifications and Experience:
- Recognised qualification (HNC/HND) in electronics/engineering or similar
- Relevant experience in an independent field based role high travel
- Life Sciences instrumentation and automation experience (an understanding of measurement & precision) would be useful
- Bio-analytical or Clinical instrument industry experience
- Good mechanical, electronics and electrical experience essential and knowledge of assembly level fault finding and testing
Skills and Attributes:
- Able to work independently
- Highly flexible and able to regularly travel and work away from home within UK and Europe and occasionally globally
- Good self-awareness and engaged in personal development
- Commercially aware around identifying business and service opportunities to drive growth
- Innovative and able to find pragmatic solutions to problems
- Take ownership of issues from beginning to completion
- Able to communicate with both internal & external customers with confidence and credibility in spoken and written word
- Good PC, IT, software and overall computer skills a definite advantage
- Customer focus attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a constructive way with peers, subordinates and seniors and across functions in anticipating and resolving issues
Measures of Performance:
Performance measures are revised regularly and aligned with business objectives and personal development goals. These will include but are not limited to the following:
- Participation in Lead Find program
- Field utilisation of >70%
- Inventory management (quantity, value and turns)
- First Time Fix rate of >90%
- On time scheduling and escalation of Works Orders
- On time completion of PM/PMOQ Work Orders
- Customer satisfaction survey feedback
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Molecular Devices
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-United Kingdom
Req ID: MOL002048