Danaher Corporation Field Service Engineer in United States
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. VisitLeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
The position will provide field service, technical and applications support to customers in the histopathology laboratory environment. This position is responsible for customer applications support, repairing, upgrading, moving and maintaining all instruments operational in the clinical and research environments. In addition to Field Service Engineering responsibilities the role will include Product Application activities involving installation, optimising, training and troubleshooting. You will also support the sales team at conferences and sales calls by setting up and providing technical sales information. This is a support function to the company and the levels are maintained in line with the service provided by our customers. Main KPI’s – service effectiveness, administrative compliance and preventative maintenance visit completions.
You will be responsible for but are not limited to: /Operations Support/ * To independently service, support and maintain a wide range of histology equipment in line with company procedures. * To be a competent train the trainer on equipment and the use of Reagents and Consumables for installations post sale * Demonstrate accountability for instruments assigned to as factory trained engineer and/or Product Application Specialist. * Possess sound administrative skills to complete all required tasks within the allocated timeframe. * Adhere to all Leica policies and procedures. * Promote the company with customers and play an active role in customer retention initiatives. * Possess a sound analytical and technical ability to assess and deal with difficult instrument and reagent problems. * Possess sound communication skills to address issues effectively with internal and external customers. * Determine, recommend and implement solutions to customer software and hardware-related requests. * Schedule own day-to-day activities, ensuring completion of business unit support agreement commitments. * Attend Sales meetings where requested. Both face to face and via telephone / WebEx. * Identify potential service, training and product sales, or future business opportunities, recommending an action plan to the appropriate departments. * Effective time management and personal organisation. * Ensure workshop maintained in compliant condition. * Ensure tool calibration process is effectively managed and maintained for compliance. * Champion DBS to drive continuous improvement. * Must be innovative, curious and comfortable with work place complexities. * Must be coachable and have a passion for new ideas while being able to get results under tough conditions.
A successful candidate will possess:
Qualification and Education Required:
- B. Tech Electronics, N6 Electronics, Instrumentation qualification or equivalent.
- Restricted Electrical Licence.
- Test and Tag certification.
- Understanding of computer hardware and composition and be computer literate.
- Microsoft office competent.
- Experience with test equipment such as DVM and Specialised Calibrated Tools.
- Technically competent with strong people skills to promote teamwork needed to achieve reliability program objectives; ability to work in team environment,
- Scientific qualifications in the Laboratory field where the above engineering requirements can be trained.
- Preference is for the applicant to have had exposure in a Clinical and /or Histology Laboratory and the operation of related equipment in this environment.
- Knowledge and experience with instrument and Laboratory Reagent troubleshooting principles will be an advantage.
- Knowledge and working experience of interfacing and ICT networking will be an advantage.
- Analytical / problem solving skills: able to analyse and understand complex issues and consequently develop plans to capture opportunities, avoid business and customer loses and to visualize customer disengagement trends to escalate to appropriate channels for follow up and resolution.
- Be in possession of a valid passport and driver’s licenses
- Be in possession of and maintain a clear credit rating and no criminal conviction or legal action pending.
- Be able to work under pressure and maintain discipline when situations become challenging.
- Highly effective teamwork and communication skills: directed at focusing and motivating the teams to success with a demonstrated ability to work with resources.
- Technically competent to achieve reliability program objectives.
To Apply: Leica Biosystems is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities. As a Leica Biosystems employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver your best.
If you are ready for this challenge, submit your resume for consideration. http://www.leicabiosystems.com/about/careers/
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-Asia Pacific Rim-New Zealand
Req ID: SEL001444