Danaher Corporation North America Sales Manager in United States
Danaher Company Description
Sea-Bird Scientific is headquartered in Bellevue WA, with offices in Philomath, OR and Halifax NS. We develop and manufacture precision sensors for the measurement of salinity, temperature, pressure, dissolved oxygen, fluorescence, nutrients and related oceanographic and environmental water quality parameters. These tools are used around the world by ocean researchers, environmental scientists and marine resource managers to better understand and solve critical climate and environmental issues. Our customers include research institutes, ocean observing programs, national and local government agencies, engineering firms, environmental consulting businesses, and navies throughout the world .
Sea-Bird Electronics is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The North America Sales Manager is key to Sea-Bird Scientific’s continued growth and success and will be accountable for the achievement of sales objectives associated with the US and Canada including US and Canadian strategic key accounts. This position will be responsible for the development of assigned Field Sales Associates and the effective deployment of sales training and productivity tools including Salesforce.
As the NA Sales Manager, this role will be a catalyst for change management; specifically in the area of developing effective solutions selling tools for new products and acting as a field oriented player-coach to ensure new sellers are quickly on-boarded. For specific US and Canadian customers, the NA Sales Manager will develop relationships throughout the customer’s organization with the goal of a partnership between Sea-Bird Scientific and the company or organization which is lasting and mutually beneficial. This role is responsible for development and implementation of strategy for targeted opportunities, including coordination of strategic actions across commercial functions.
- Provide leadership and direction to a front-line sales team of 2-4 direct reports, spending time in the field nurturing high performing sellers
- Achieve assigned financial objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs) through monthly forecast and funnel review processes
- Prioritize coaching and performance management efforts to have maximum impact on business results
- Assist in the creation, maintenance and execution of divisional action plans
- Assist Field Sales Associates to effectively plan time & territory management for their areas utilizing salesforce.com (SFDC)
- Implement and manage field support tools, including training programs, productivity initiatives, account and planning methodologies and customer communication tools
- Participate in Field Sales Associates sales calls focusing on honing skills required to be top-notch solutions sellers, identifying customer need and selling complete instrument and service solutions
- Take on a leadership role as Key Account Manager for 3-4 strategic accounts
- Develop strong relationships with leadership, technical resources, and influencers within Key Accounts
- Work with all levels within key accounts to develop and maintain action plans for sales, service, support, and application development
Critical Competencies/Leadership Anchors:
- Track record of driving sales growth, customer expansion and market share growth
- Process orientation with an excellent reputation for leadership in value-based selling processes
- Excellent analytical skills and solid business acumen with ability to balance the needs of the market place with sound business judgment
- Ability to develop relationships with C-Suite professionals, creating transformative solutions for the customer
Strategic and tactical capabilities
BA, BS, MS, Ph.D. or Sc.D. degree in Chemistry, Biology or Environmental Science or equivalent experience.
- 5-8 years sales management experience; ideally in marine-focused markets
- Experience leading Key Account Sales in a complex selling environment
- Formal sales training with experience value selling and managing value sellers
- Strong sales operations background leveraging CRM (ideally Salesforce.com)
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Sea-Bird Electronics
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States
Req ID: SEA000173