Danaher Corporation Regional Sales Manager, Biologics Workflow Solutions in United States
Danaher Company Description
Molecular Devices, LLC creates innovative, high-quality bioanalysis solutions that increase our customers’ productivity. By joining Molecular Devices, you will work with best-in-class people who share a common purpose, to be our customers' first choice for systems, consumables, software, and support that advance both basic and applied life science discovery. Our core values are critical elements of our past and future success -- The best team wins. Customers talk, we listen. Continuous improvement is our way of life. Leading edge innovation defines our future. We compete for our shareholders.
Molecular Devices offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
Molecular Devices is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
The successful candidate has expertise in working with designers, scientists and engineers to build great things, and a passion for driving profitable growth by building innovative workflows that help our customers achieve efficiency in their laboratory. You need to be willing to apply boundless energy, enthusiasm, and learn fast in order to succeed in this critical role.
This role is responsible for the sales and revenue achievement to plan for their region and will carry a quota. Working intimately with and through the Molecular Devices direct sales team, distribution sales team and partners, the Regional Sales Manager ensures proper pre-sale qualification and presentation of the Biologics solution portfolio. Product mix includes, but is not limited to, instruments & software supplied by Danaher companies (ForteBio, Molecular Devices, Beckman), robotics and lab automation components, feasibility projects & services. The Regional Sales Manager will develop a network of lead-finding partners and work with thought leading customers to explore and drive new innovative product sales. This role will be the primary negotiator for all sales activities and will be responsible for screening potential business deals for profitability, assembling proposals and contracts. The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for enhancing the organizations reputation for new and novel products and services.
- Understand what our customers want to achieve and work with the Biologics business unit team to translate this understanding into plans for feasibility, development, build, and validation (from ideation to revenue-recognition to long term support of the custom application).
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, by properly documenting requirements and customer expectations
- Provide on-site sales management support throughout the region, travelling extensively with sales partners or individually.
- Territory Management activities including direct sales, working & training sales partners (internal/external), and promotion/marketing of AWES product portfolio through public speaking opportunities.
- Create a positive sales experience for customers, and long term partnerships for innovation
- Consultative Sales Skills, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Selling to Customer Needs, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Energy Level, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism
- Education: A BS in a Life Science discipline or Engineering is required.
- 5 years of professional sales experience in a life science laboratory environment
- Demonstrable success in large capital sales, achievement of sales goals, negotiate & closing business and development/growth of territory
- Experience selling to researchers and companies that perform Biologics research and production.
- Professional, self starter, organized and driven individual, with experience working in a field based location
- Strong presentation skills (preparation, delivery oral and in-person)
- Market knowledge and commercial regional expert for life science research (Biotech, Pharmaceutical and Academic customer base)
- Experience managing sales partners and internal team members in a large geographic area or virtually
- Comfortable with 50% travel in the region
- Experience with hardware/software customization, robotics, and automated workflow development
- Understands the difference between a “product” and a “project”. Experience selling project based implementations or custom solutions
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple activities/projects, priorities, and people in a fast-paced, high-growth, results-driven environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical/problem-solving skills, and the ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com
- Demonstrable positive experience with DBS tools a plus.
- Experience working in a biologics laboratory environment. Understanding of the applications, and processes involved in cell line development and antibody production
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Molecular Devices
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-United Kingdom
Req ID: MOL002053