Danaher Corporation Senior Engineer I, Production Process Support in United States
Danaher Company Description
SCIEX – An operating company within Danaher’s Life Sciences platform
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
We are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping us deliver Answers for Science. Knowledge for Life. ™ Our global team, located on every continent, is our greatest strength, bringing diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. With the power of the Danaher Business System behind us, it’s our people who have made us the industry leader. Come join our winning team. Visit us at www.sciex.com.
Sciex offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives.
Sciex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our winning team and Follow us on LinkedIn!
- Provide both on site and off site technical support to the production of AB SCIEX range of products (Mass Spectrometer and High Performance Bio analytical Measurement systems).
- Perform process optimization, yield analysis, RMA analysis and continuous improvement.
- Assembly and test process maintenance and development for continuous improvement.
- Lead cost and yield improvement projects. Provide value engineering in re-engineering of the process or material to reduce cost and improve quality.
- New Product Introduction support & participate in the build of pilot instruments and Production Readiness Review.
- Product transfer support & ensure transferring of knowledge from other facilities on design, functional specifications, manufacturing line set up, processes, tooling, fixtures & other related areas.
- Review, approve and implement Engineering Changes Requests with no impact to instrument delivery.
- Ensure compliance of operations within area of concern with all relevant EHS regulatory requirement and SCIEX safety policies, procedures and guidelines
- As Technical Consultant, provide technical training to the engineers
- Other duties/ ad hoc tasks as assigned .
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant engineering experience in project management, preferably in analytical instrument industry or equivalent
- Strong mechanical background knowledge - hands-on experience of assembly of precision parts, tolerance stack up, measurement of ‘micron’ parts, GD&T/MSA and with some material and systems engineering experience.
- Experience with high precision mechanical alignment and motion controls, optics knowledge preferred for Bioanalytical Measurement systems but not necessary.
- Good knowledge in lean manufacturing environment, understanding of requirements for parts used in vacuum system and vacuum pump system knowledge will be added advantage
- Experience with 3D CAD software (CATIA, SolidWorks, AutoCAD), Design for Manufacturing / Assembly / Test (DFx) concepts & tolerance fit analysis.
- Demonstrated organization skills to successfully meet and / or exceed product quality and cost requirements.
- Effective verbal & written communication skills across all levels and function within a multi-disciplinary product development environment
- Positive attitude, open mindset and team player.
Effectively work with people & coordinate activities with external vendors, suppliers and contractors.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-Southeast Asia-Singapore
Req ID: SCI002318