Danaher Corporation Technical Applications Scientist II in United States
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
- Provide technical support for Pall technologies (Biotech).
- To use this expertise to develop and support customer processes.
Other aspects of support include, but are not limited to, technical training, technical presentations, troubleshooting of processes and field trials.
Essential Job Functions:
Provide technical support for (Biotech) products. This will include some or all of the following:
- Filterability studies
- Scale up/scale down testing , Field trials
- Sizing and Compatibility recommendations
- Trouble shooting customer complaints and field investigations
- Operator/Customer training and seminars
- Paid technical services, e.g. Technical training, etc.
- Technical Consultation, e.g. validation services, Process optimisation, etc.
Potential coaching of junior staff
Take responsibility for assigned projects of moderate complexity, typically in only selected areas of coverage
- Perform role of a project manager, to ensure projects assigned are completed in a timely manner.
- Prepare trial proposals/protocols based on information supplied by customer. Confirm customer acceptance.
- Lead technical discussions with key customers.
- Raise laboratory requests for any test work to be performed. Perform laboratory requests if required.
- Interpret laboratory data and prepare specific test reports. Confirm customer acceptance.
Close out of project reports and present results to customers face to face.
Maintain close customer liaison during projects. This will involve some or all of the following:
- Update customer of project status in particular if there are problems/issues with the project.
- Answer customer technical questions in a timely manner.
- Travel to customer sites for technical meetings or to perform field trial work.
Give presentations and trainings to operators, engineers, and potential heads of departments.
Establish project priorities and decide appropriate action required to meet required target.
Schedule work into the laboratory in conjunction with the Laboratory Manager/Supervisor.
Update manager of status of assigned projects, including completion, delays or problems.
Report project progress (including time spent) using SLS Project Management database, as well as regular face to face meetings.
Maintain up to date knowledge of current Biopharm (Biologicals, Vaccines, Proteins)/Pharmaceutical (Therapeutic Oral doses, Topical products, Ophthalmic products, Antibiotics, etc.) Active Product Ingredient processing technology and industry trends (PDA, ISPE, ACS, etc.), current regulatory trends (FDA/EMA/PIC/s, etc), issues and guidelines relating to the products being supported.
Take on ‘special’ projects as requested by management. Assist with training of new staff. Review and approve protocols and reports, if authorized. Experience to be used anywhere in region (or global) if required
Expected to travel in the South East Asia region of support, e.g. Taiwan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore, etc. for up to 30% of the time. (Excludes China, Japan, Korea, India and Australia/NZ)
Local travel in Singapore to customer sites is expected to be at least 30% of the time.
- Degree or equivalent in Science/Engineering, 3-5 years relevant work experience is desired.
- Honors degree or equivalent degree holders are desired (E.g. Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Bioprocess engineering, Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, etc.)
- If Diploma holder, 6-8 years relevant work experience is desired.
Diploma or equivalent diploma holders are desired (E.g. Chemical process technology, Bioprocess, Biology, etc.)
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-Southeast Asia-Singapore
Req ID: PAL002200