Danaher Corporation Technical Sales External, Brazil in United States
Danaher Company Description
Phenomenex is a global technology leader committed to developing novel analytical chemistry solutions that solve the separation and purification challenges of researchers in industrial, clinical, government and academic laboratories. From drug discovery and pharmaceutical development to food safety and environmental analysis, Phenomenex chromatography products, technical services and chemical reference standards accelerate science and help researchers improve global health and well-being.
Selected by the Wall Street Journal as an "Exceptional Workplace," Phenomenex is defined by its passionate people, dynamic culture and distinctive ingenuity. These common characteristics unify the Phenomenex companies worldwide behind our mission "to promote the growth, prosperity and well-being of those we serve - our customers, our employees, and humanity.
This is a technical based position to support and increase the use of Phenomenex products in and to support Phenomenex customers and distributor.
Duties & Responsibilities • Conduct on-site customer visits to provide technical information with regards to chromatography related products and services.
• Conduct on-site technical seminars, product demonstrations and method development assistance
• Conductfollow up actions for seminars with distributor/clients
• Originate phone calls, respond to incoming calls and provide technical information with regards to chromatography related products and services • Provide technical and sales support for regional Distributors (includes organizing a 1-week training for new distributor sales people)
• Preparing weekly and quarterly reports for the assigned territory
• Taking care for all inquiries for regional Distributors that need immediate actions (availability, special pricing, etc) and track results and provide necessary follow up
• Attend local vendor shows and company sponsored trade shows in cooperation with Phenomenex’s distributor • Develop relationships with new and existing customers • Consistently maintain a positive attitude, be a team player, and strive to learn and contribute to company culture. Maintain regular communication with US colleagues in sales and marketing to coordinate actions and game plans. • Manage and maintain information in customer database system • Perform other job-related duties and training as requested by customers and/or management
• Bachelor's or advanced degree (B.S, M.A, PhD.) in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a related discipline required • Requires analytical thinking and presenting ideas • Experience in Microsoft office and Database Management
• Fluent in Portuguese • Extremely skilled in the art of negotiation • Strong organizational skill, plans and assigns resources in a detailed fashion • Extensive knowledge of HPLC and purification techniques
• Willingness to travel between 30 – 60%
• Resides in Brazil
• Requires the ability to perform independently and as part of a team
• Sales into the biopharmaceutical/pharmaceutical marketplace helpful
• Hands-on experience in chromatography helpful
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: Latin America-Latin America-Brazil
Req ID: PHE000216