Danaher Corporation Technical Support Specialist Life sciences EMEAI in United States
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
The Senior Technical Support Specialist provides highly specialized and qualified technical support to the field service department, conducts customer, application, field service training and coaching activities, installation support and onsite technical support at escalated customer sites.
Frequently interacting with various departments on all support and management levels as well as with customers over a vast geography, the incumbent works independently and self organized, prioritizes his activities to ensure that key milestones are achieved and develops continuously his skills.
MAIN ACTIVITY SCOPE
Product line: Centrifugation. The activity scope may vary according to business requirements.
Covered geography: Europe, Middle East, Africa and India (EMEAI).
BOUNDARY CONDITIONS/AUTHORITY LEVELS
Receives no instructions on routine work, organizes his tasks independently.
- General instructions on new projects, makes own suggestions.
- Follows group standards and procedures.
- Participates and/or leads cross-functional projects.
Adheres to policies and procedures.
Internal and external customer satisfaction in all aspects of the job. Increased throughput, decreased downtime and regular upgrades. A clear advocate for the customer (internal and external) and a steward for the company
- Communicates regularly with customers to learn about their business challenges and requirements
- Drives a sense of urgency to ensure customer needs are addressed promptly and with an emphasis on a “first time fix”
- Assist field service engineers with troubleshooting the most difficult problems in high pressure situations
- Consulting with colleagues, engineering, applications, manufacturing and field when troubleshooting to advance knowledge and verify progress when troubleshooting
- Continuous desire and demonstrated ability to advance knowledge on product, is use in the marketplace and it’s position relative to competitive products
- Demonstrate ability to utilize proper statistical techniques to review service data to interpret, propose actions and next steps to investigate to root cause develop countermeasures and monitor for timely determination of effectiveness.
- Train others on topics where expertise has developed to expert level.
- Conduct formal in house and external field service, distributor and customer trainings.
- Excellent follow-up skills to insure we exceed customer expectations, and close all outstanding issues
- Understands customer perception and the associated business impacts, and is commercially capable of resolving customer issues in a rapid fashion
Managing Call Escalations - ability to identify, own and track any issues with an account, according to call escalation procedure, to reach resolution.
Manage individual expenses with on time monthly submission of expenses
Drives general cost reduction by identifying and analyzing appropriate opportunities
Leads by example to develop a robust continuous improvement culture
- Assumes accountability around daily management and monthly KPI’s
- Aggressively seeks out opportunities for improvement
- Acts as a primary customer of DBS and leverages internal and external DBS expertise to map improvement plans and drive sustainable improvements
- Inclination and ability to listen to various stakeholders (e.g. Customers, Sales, Service) and generate actionable insights
- Successfully deliver results while quickly adapting to changing priorities and unforeseen challenges
- Sense of Urgency - must have the drive/motivation to take action. Must be able to prioritize daily activities and determine what requires immediate attention.
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills - must be able to remain calm when dealing with difficult customers/peers and have strong communications skills both with internal associates and external customers. Must be a true professional at all times. Team orientated, positive attitude and motivator.
- Demonstrate consistent and rapid improving ability to lead problem investigations.
- Ability to adapt - must be flexible and understanding with change as it occurs regularly throughout his/her day/week. Must be able to think quickly and respond positively to those changes.
- Must have good pedagogic skills and be comfortable with presenting in front of s knowleadgaeable audience and teaching.
Willing to travel 50% of the time to support field activities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar field and 5 years of experience in a high tech environment
- Master’s degree in related field and 3 years of experience in a high tech environment
- Electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical troubleshooting, theory and application
- Strong deductive reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, make fast decisions and prioritize tasks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent English (written and oral), French would be an asset
Highly computer literate (especially in Excel, PowerPoint, and Oracle a plus)
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS
US Technical Support Department
- Corresponding Business Unit
- Sustaining Engineering Department
- European Field Service Department
- EMEAI Sales and Marketing Departments
- Beckman Coulter EMEAI Subsidiaries
- CSC Nyon
- Purchasing Department
Based on location, travel activities up to 50% are required.
The position is based in the European Union.
- Proximity to an airport with international connections is preferred.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Life Sciences
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe
Req ID: BEC010785