Danaher Corporation Territory Manager - Southeast in United States
Danaher Company Description
OTT Hydromet Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OTT Hydromet, a member of Hach Company, helps water resource professionals generate reliable data throughout the entire water cycle. We go beyond simply providing solutions by partnering with our customers in designing effective answers to the challenges they encounter in their vital role of monitoring the world’s water.
Proudly formed from six separate companies (OTT, Hydrolab, ADCON Telemetry, Sutron, Kipp & Zonen and Lufft), OTT Hydromet offers the combined strength and expertise of leaders in the water quality, quantity and telemetry fields and over 140 years of experience in environmental measurement. OTT Hydromet, as part of the Environmental and Applied Sciences segment, is a proud Danaher company.
Responsible for growth and expansion of direct sales and profit margins within the defined territory/region on products and/or services. Establishes professional relationships with key personnel in customer accounts. Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and margin dollars.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotion and sales OTT HydroMet Corp product lines to core customers and new accounts
- Participates in sales activities including: customer site visits, telephone contacts, trade seminars and shows, product demonstrations/evaluations, customer seminars and channel management.
- Ability to develop and execute to a business plan and manage territory as one’s own business
- Demonstrate time & territory balance by executing planned activities to maximize time in the field with customers and prospects
- Engages stakeholders and internal resources to best serve customers
- Collects and reports information on all competitive activity, business opportunities, voice of customer, sales trends and results within the assigned market providing input during monthly business review
- Uses metrics, KPI, and forecasting to self-manage productivity
- Develops, nurtures, and understands health of customer opportunity funnel and openly works with leadership and sales operations to ensure best results
- Ability to develop creative and strategic solutions.
- Report and manage all sales activities through our CRM (SalesForce.com)
- Prepares and presents a monthly funnel review utilizing SalesForce.com to demonstrate the quality of the funnel, activity plans and command of the account base.
50% Travel activity
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES AND LEADERSHIP ANCHORS:
Teamwork : Works cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results
- Communication : Clearly organizes and expresses information and ideas to meet the needs of the organization in an appropriate fashion
- Technical Skills : Understands and uses the appropriate equipment and / or technology to achieve the desired outcomes safely, efficiently, and effectively
- Results Orientation : The tendency to keep the desired end result of one’s own or one’s unit’s work clearly in mind, by setting goals and focusing on them until they are achieved
- Attention to Detail : A concern for ensuring that work and information are complete and accurate, by preparing carefully for meetings and presentations, and following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled
- Customer Service : Effectively performs actions and provides assistance that focus on the needs of the customer and / or co-workers; develops and sustains productive customer relationships
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills : The ability to seek information from a variety of sources and in a variety of ways, to clarify situations and to facilitate effective planning, decision-making, and problem solving.
- Interpersonal Awareness : The ability to notice, interpret, and anticipate others’ concerns and feelings, and to communicate this awareness empathetically to others.
- Self-Management : Performs independently with minimal oversight to achieve organizational and institutional goals while conducting all aspects of the job in accordance with prescribed regulations and guidelines; employs a sense of honesty and truthfulness regarding the motivations for one’s actions (ethics & integrity)
- Professional and Technical Knowledge : Understanding and utilizing policies, procedures, technology, regulations, stakeholder interests, as well as economic, financial, and industry data to accurately diagnose and identify key issues, when developing strategies and plans
- Organizational Knowledge : An understanding of OTT’s mission, various stakeholder groups, and organizational structure.
- 5-10 years of direct B2B sales experience, preferably selling water quality, flow, discharge and telemetry solutions to urban hydrologists, Federal Government Agencies and local/muni flood and storm water agencies, and water/wastewater treatment plants
- A degree in a science related field such as Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, Engineering or equivalent is an asset.
- Thinks through and analyzes complex problems, challenges and drives to root cause. (Charts the Course)
- Prioritizes effectively, acts with speed and agility. (Charts the Course)
- Demonstrates deep understanding of customer expectations and end user needs. (Drives Innovation & Growth)
- Actively participates in cross functional brainstorming sessions. (Drives Innovation & Growth)
- Consistently drives high quality, on-time results. (Leads through DBS)
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with peers and supervisors; works collaboratively. (Builds People, Teams & Organizations)
- Behaves in ways that are aligned with the Danaher Standards of Conduct. (Acts with Integrity)
Must have a valid driver license and acceptable driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to sit, talk and hear; the employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and smell. The employee may occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment may consist of an indoor, work or home office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting and low noise levels and/or subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions while working in the field.
Employees may be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while working in the field which may include: eye and hearing protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields.
The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirements of the job change. The purpose of this description is to assist in ADA compliance and is not intended for other purposes such as collective bargaining, or compensation.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States
Req ID: OTT000055