Danaher Corporation Senior Product Owner / Business Analyst - Imaging Software in Vista, California
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. VisitLeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
Leica Biosystems Imaging, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
The Leica Biosystems Imaging business is excited to be growing our R&D capability in our Vista, CA office, just outside of San Diego! On our journey to Vision 24, enabling clinicians to efficiently provide patients a highly confident diagnosis within 24-hours from biopsy, the LBS Imaging business plays a critical part in the scanning, image management and image analysis parts of the overall integrated solutions we offer.
The Product Owner will lead development teams in an agile environment, implement technology solutions in an efficient way by defining the requirements that meet customer needs, and communicating them clearly to all team members and collaborators. This role works with Product Managers, Software Developers, Customer Support, end users, managers, and senior management to ensure the product meets and exceeds customer and business needs.
Working within the Pathology Imaging team this Product Owner role relies on intimate knowledge of the histopathology and/or related fields, processes, and technologies - bringing this knowledge and experience to the product development teams to inform, guide, and direct for best in class solutions.
- Serve as leader of a product team using SCRUM methodologies as the product owner role in close collaboration with the product manager.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Software Engineers developing web, image viewing, and analysis applications to define and plan successful product initiatives.
- Work with Product Managers and Customers doing market research and assisting in market requirements, then analyzing these to translate into clear and actionable product use cases and requirements.
- Be an authority about the products within your portfolio and act as a market resource within the company.
- Collaborate with customers and developers through on-site visits and early product demonstrations to ensure products developed use appropriate technologies that satisfy the customer.
- Participate in and contribute to engineering design reviews.
- Work with quality assurance to develop test plans and contribute in verifying developed functionality.
- Participate in beta and pilot programs with early-stage products.
- Assist in post launch planning and tracking
- Participate in defect triage and assist in triage and patch planning processes
- Assist in product strategy and roadmap development activity
- Apply strong DBS processes and principles to drive continuous improvement. Processes include but are not limited to UxDNA, APD, PSP and CDT&R
* 5 years experience in healthcare or equivalent, working for a hospital, reference lab, research organization, or related vendor companies. * Experience in writing user stories and requirements and leading teams to implement them * BS/BA in healthcare or equivalent * Demonstrate capability in communicating and comfort in working with customers, product managers, developers/QA engineers, sales, and marketing. * Proven teamwork and people skills; excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. * Able to work effectively in a collaborative environment in cross-functional teams, contribute solutions, and remain flexible in a fast-paced and changing environment. * Customer focus with strong technical background; well-developed analytical abilities; excellent product design skills.
- MS/MA and/or Ph.D.
- Biology and/or pathology background.
- Experience working with SCRUM in an Agile team environment.
- Experience with software and medical device product development.
Diversity & Inclusion At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Vista
Req ID: PAT000566