Danaher Corporation IT Support Technician (Warrington/ Macclesfield) in Warrington, United Kingdom
Danaher Company Description
SCIEX – An operating company within Danaher’s Life Sciences platform
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
We are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping us deliver Answers for Science. Knowledge for Life. ™ Our global team, located on every continent, is our greatest strength, bringing diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. With the power of the Danaher Business System behind us, it’s our people who have made us the industry leader. Come join our winning team. Visit us at www.sciex.com.
Sciex offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives.
Sciex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our winning team and Follow us on LinkedIn!
This position requires both technical and interpersonal skills. As the first point of contact and support for the entire IT organization, the analyst must be able to explain technical issues to non-technical users. Primary duties of the technician include assessing incidents and requests and resolving issues when possible as well as assisting with more complex technical issues. The Analyst also participates in other desktop system work such as configuring and deploying new systems, maintaining existing hardware and software and assisting in employee moves. The position is responsible to recommend and develop procedures and standards that improve the quality and delivery of service to customers.
- Follow established procedures to independently manage ticketing system queues, and electronic requests for service for internal staff working locally and remotely in home offices.
- Perform second tier desk side support for incident management globally; route out-of-job scope requests to other IT groups when necessary.
- Escalate incidents and requests as required to ensure quality service within established service targets.
- Ensure that all interactions are documented via the electronic case management software with clear technical descriptions of incidents / requests, work done to resolve and indicating all client interactions.
- Support remote users via phone and remote management software.
- Support and manage desktops, laptops, telephones, mobile devices and shared resources such as printers, shared workstations, conference rooms including video conferencing, and projectors.
- Build, configure, maintain and manage new or repurposed PC systems for new employees.
- Maintain existing PC systems, and repair as needed.
- Read and thoroughly understand SCIEX policies. Attain a clear understanding of the additional security and privacy requirements of working in a regulated environment.
- Coordinate with various IT groups in resolving incidents and fulfilling requests based on established guidelines.
- Manage user accounts in Active Directory and other systems as required according to established policies and procedures.
- Manage user security groups in Active Directory for Folder Permissions, quotas and storage management.
- Generate customer facing and departmental documents.
- Ability to perform move/add/changes in network closet and for voice-over-IP systems
- Recommend and develop procedures and standards to improve the quality and delivery of service to customers.
- Participate in after-hours on-call support rotation as required.
- Assist with or lead Information Systems projects as required.
- Minimal supervision required *LI-HS1
* Minimum 5 years’ experience providing end user assistance in a networked Windows environment * 3 years help desk, service desk, or support center experience including supporting remote users or sites and home office configurations * 3 years’ desk side support in a Windows/Intel environment (Dell certification is a plus) Candidate must be experienced supporting Intel based desktop and laptop hardware. Ability to troubleshoot issues with peripherals, communication issues, etc. * 3 years Window server file share management, Active Directory security and base first tier triage * Experience providing support to executive staff * Experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting and supporting Windows applications. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required. * Understanding of TCP/IP networks and Ethernet technology as it applies to end user connections. Ability to troubleshoot network connectivity issues for both wired and wireless network connections. Experience supporting remote connections, VPN, firewalls, and routers including remote and home based offices. * Familiarity with networking devices, CCNA/MCSA a plus * Experience with networking and collaboration technology solutions such as projectors, presentation workstations, printers, copiers, scanners, and Fax machines. * Experience supporting mobile devices * The ability to follow written guidelines and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures is critical, as is the ability to clearly document actions taken. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. * Experience and understanding of special needs in a regulated healthcare environment including operating according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) is a plus. * Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers. * Effectively coordinate and communicate IT activities, tasks and projects and related timelines with local business and management. * Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner. * Ability of improving procedures and standards ensuring quality and delivery of service to customers. * Problem Management Root Cause Analysis skills. * Ability to work as part of a team. * Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
* ITIL certification or training is a plus. *LI-HS1
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Information Technology
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-United Kingdom-Cheshire-Warrington
Req ID: SCI002402