Danaher Corporation Executive Assistant, Government Affairs in Washington DC, District Of Columbia
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Daily administrative support to the SVP, Government Affairs, including, but not limited to: management of extremely active calendars; operating as a first point of phone contact and managing that experience; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is at times confidential; arranging travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
• Managing travel which includes close coordination with various groups local and international, visa preparation, ground transportation, hotel reservations, etc. Flexibility required to deal with travel updates if schedules change both before and during trips.
• Responsible for all logistics of meetings including conference room reservations, teleconference, videoconference, food ordering and associated meeting logistics.
• Proactively ensure that meeting materials are prepared and distributed in advance of key meetings.
• Contributes to the maintenance of the team SharePoint sites, team calendars and team initiatives tracking.
• Sometimes work with outside vendors to ensure that invoices are being processed and paid on a timely basis as well work with SAP system to track purchase orders and invoices in the system.
• Processing SOWs following approvals and, if required, process them for approval
• Order office supplies as requested.
• Works as part of a team with other administrators to facilitate overall success of the executive leadership team.
• Ability to prepare and edit reports and presentations using Microsoft Office software; organize and maintain electronic files.
• Arrange for visitor passes and building access.
• Coordinate closely with the other executive assistants.
Education and Experience (in years):
• High School Degree (or equivalent experience) with 5+ years administrative experience that demonstrates an ability to carry out all office functions proficiently and to complete quality work on a timely basis
Knowledge and skills:
• Demonstrated strong self-starter, independent, pro-active and self-motivated while having the flexibility to handle change calmly and professionally
• Demonstrate resourcefulness with proven ability to anticipate needs, prioritize responsibilities, manage multiple priorities with tight timelines, and take initiative.
• Ability to work well both in team environment as well as operate independently with minimal supervision.
• Possess excellent communication skills with an ability to respond with professionalism in verbal and written communications with all levels of the organization.
• Use appropriate discretion and confidentiality in the management of information. • Excellent computer skills: Outlook (e-mail and calendar management), Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office products.
• Exemplary time management and organizational skills and strong ability to set priorities.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with staff, clients, and external partners.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the high level of customer/client service and response.
• Ability to anticipate needs of executives and demonstrate a proactive, holistic approach to solving problems. • Excellent attention to detail and level of accuracy necessary.
• High degree of tact, diplomacy, judgment and poise.
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
• Enjoys collaborating with a variety of personality and work styles
- Ability to work effectively across different time zones.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.The EEO posters are available here (https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters) .We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at 202.419.7762 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.