Danaher Corporation Sales Development Manager - Mid-Atlantic - Washington DC Metro in Washington, District Of Columbia
Danaher Company Description
Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION: Ensure water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION: We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most k nowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products.
WATER QUALITY GROUP
Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
The Sales Development Manager (SDM) works directly with customers and Regional Sales Managers (RSMs) to advance opportunities through the sales process workflow at target accounts, deploys coaching and training (sales methodology/skills, technical, product) to RSMs, and plays the role of domain expert in customer facing situations.
The SD plays a key role in new product launches, seller productivity improvement, new seller onboarding and the sharing of knowledge across the community of front-line sellers within a sales Division
This is a high impact, seasoned technical sales position critical to the successful deployment of Hach’s corporate strategy as well as leading and sustaining high levels of productivity across their assigned regions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strong partnership with Regional Managers to develop target accounts who align closely with Hach’s software and optimization value platform.
- Qualify, advance and close complex sales opportunities within assigned division and target accounts; including performing site evaluations to uncover unmet needs and drive funnel growth at target accounts
- Drive growth of lab and process equipment sales in support of strategic solutions strategy
- Primary leadership role in the deployment of sales productivity programs and sales tools. Jointly shares sales productivity KPIs including close-won and funnel additions.
- Training and on-boarding of new RSMs to rapidly assimilate new associates.
- Act as the new product expert who works closely with new product commercialization teams to ensure rapid deployment of technical and commercial content to the field. Act as a Player Coach to ensure rapid adoption.
- Organizing and lead lunch and learns with end-users, system integrators and E&C firms
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES / LEADERSHIP ANCHORS:
- Knowledge of Hach’s primary applications in Waste Water, Drinking Water and Industrial markets
- Detailed understanding of Hach’s sophisticated instrumentation, control, software products and service solutions
- Strong commercial acumen and communication skills required to navigate complex sales and consultative selling situations
- Strong project management skills – key member of account and opportunity teams
- BA, BS or MS degree in a technical discipline
- 5 years’ experience in technical customer facing roles i.e. field applications, service or sales
- Knowledge of instrumentation and control technologies; ideally capital / semi-capital equipment
- Familiarity with one or more of Hach Vertical Markets i.e. Muni, Power, Beverage, Oil & Gas
- Formal sales training with experience value selling and managing value sellers
- Exposure to complex sales processes or large account selling
- Ability to travel up to 50% within assigned territory
- Must have and maintain a valid driver license and a driving record which is acceptable Hach Company
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to sit. The employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell.
The employee may occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment may consist of an indoor, work or home office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting and low noise levels and/or subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions while working in the field.
Employees may be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while working in the field which may include: eye and hearing protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields.
The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The purpose of this description is to assist in ADA compliance and is not intended for other purposes such as collective bargaining, or compensation.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Hach Lange is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000 percent over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
For additional company details, see www.danaher.com
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-DC-Washington
Req ID: HAC005453