Danaher Corporation Sales Representative - Hartford in West Hartford, Connecticut
Danaher Company Description
Our purpose at Orascoptic is to assist clinicians in delivering better procedural outcomes through superior visualization. We do this by providing magnification with the best resolution, across the widest and through the deepest field of view.
Founded by a dentist in 1981, Orascoptic has been designing and manufacturing award-winning loupes and light systems in Middleton, Wisconsin for 30 years. Now a business unit within the Nobel Biocare platform of Danaher, we remain committed to establishing enduring customer relationships. Our goal is to have customers for life – from residency to retirement.
ThisSales Representativerole is a highly professional position selling Orascoptic products directly to dentists, dental school students, residents and faculty. Dental hygiene programs and military accounts are included. The majority of the Sales Representative's time is spent calling on dentist group practices, as well as, coordinating and conducting appropriate training sessions, clinics, and trade shows. Responsible, with limited supervision, for the development of new sales opportunities and support of current customer base.
- Establish contact with key management, decision makers, and influencers in dental schools, medical schools, private practitioner offices, hospitals as well as any outpatient or surgery centers where the use of magnification would be useful.
- Make presentations and obtain orders from above contacts. Presentations shall include: product specs, marketing information, promotional product information, introduction, and explanation, discussion of application specs and include the use of company provided slides, video, computer, and/or other presentation material.
- Prepare formal written quotes and/or proposals to present to new customers, in accordance to company policy regarding pricing, terms and level of account activity.
- Develop strategic plans to increase territory-ordering activity. Analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative) are required to effectively manage activity within the assigned territory. Monitor progress and prepare counter measures.
- Uncover and develop potential sales opportunities with dental private practices, dental schools, dental hygiene schools, government medical/dental facilities to increase business opportunities.
- Remain in contact with established customer to provide proper information flow from Orascoptic to customer.
- Support ongoing product training and assist in retraining customer base in proper procedures to use with Orascoptic products.
- Competency in budgeting and forecasting by account and product for the territory.
- Order entry per assigned quota.
- Monthly rolling forecast.
- Staffing national and regional tradeshow as assigned.
- Staffing territory exhibits, tradeshows and meetings.
- Facilitate communication and liaison between Orascoptic’s functional departments and customers.
- Work and leverage relations with sister companies.
REQUIREMENTS: * Bachelor’s degree required (Business /technical background a plus) * 3 years previous outside B2B sales experience selling a premium product with a proven track record of success required. * Ability to travel up to 50% overnight (including Puerto Rico) required. SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: * Solid computer skills are a necessary to input orders, navigate reports, and manage territory. * Demonstrated ability to manage a territory of similar size and scope. * Completion of formalized sales training course(s) preferred. * Ability to work independently and creatively. * Strong organizational skills with proven time management skills. * Proficient communication skills (both written and verbal) are required.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #144 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CT-Hartford
Req ID: ORA000310