Danaher Corporation Danaher Business Systems Leader in Westborough, Massachusetts
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
The DBSL will play a vital role in leading the DBS support and strategy for Pall HR. The DBSL provides targeted support to Pall HR through coaching and training and project leadership to enable process improvements and sustainment of stronger results through the use of DBS tools, analytics, and improved performance reporting.
Key Responsibilities: (split equally) * Lead the training, implementation and coaching of continuous improvement processes, best practices and tools in HR globally.
Key priority areas are: * Transactional Process Improvement * PSP * Standard Work * Value Stream Mapping * Visual Daily Management * Visual Project Management * Obeya Rooms * Other tools as applicable The incumbent serves as a member of the Pall Life Sciences human resources team leveraging the work and support of common Human Resource systems, tools, and processes.
The following are the key responsibilities for the position:
Key Responsibilities: * Lead and manage the HR Global Kaizen Funnel and coach/partner with global/regional HR Leaders to develop project charters and lead events through all funnel stages, inclusive of sustainment. * Train and facilitate process improvement in Pall HR using the identified tools above that enable business leaders to drive results. Work with human resources leadership to establish key metrics and ensure processes are in place to enable sustainment of results from the use of the processes and tools. * Build foundational daily management processes and analytics. Set process, expectations and deploy into Pall HR to establish rigor around daily management to ensure maximum revenue results. * Collaborate on process improvement priorities and initiatives to ensure the human resources organization is producing the greatest results for the business. * Perform in-depth analysis of human resources processes and systems to identify and recommend areas of improvement. Identify KPIs that are most critical to business performance and design solutions to source the necessary data and surface it in meaningful reports. * Design and improve human resources performance reporting (includes Turnover, IFR, TTF, Engagement pulses, Diversity) utilizing tools from Workday and other technologies as available. * Provide coaching and feedback to ensure reporting tools are being used to help drive performance improvement. * Ability and willingness to travel up to 75% (domestic and international).
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor degrees in a relevant field required.
- 5 years HR experience. Preferred Requirements:
- Masters degree in business, organizational behavior, HR management, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years in a Pall or Danaher business with exposure to DBS tools is preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in HR leadership is preferred
- Broad understanding of the technical and functional components of human resources, including: talent acquisition, talent management, organizational design/development, succession planning, leadership development, compensation; compliance; planning; M&A due diligence and integration, employee communications; training and development and employee relations
- Knowledge of US employment laws and relevant institutions, including EEOC, INS, ADEA, ERISA, ADA, FMLA and FLSA
- Technical proficiency in HR processes
- Business Knowledge – includes value added perspective, financial awareness and cost control, industry knowledge, strategic focus, diverse business experience Position Competencies:
- Ability to build relationships and influence teams and individuals in the development of business performance capabilities.
- Minimum of 2 years working effectively in diverse global environments
- Independent, self-starter – able to set agenda and drive progress with little direction
- Effective communicator and ability to implement dynamic, participant-centered training
- Strong influence skills – can lead groups in kaizen and drive strong results
- Experimentation mindset – able to help teams take and manage risk, drive experimentation to facilitate learning
- Rigorous analytical/data driven problem solver who can help teams reduce complex situations to enable progress and results
- Critical thinking and decision-making, business astuteness, and process orientation
- Executive presence/maturity – can interact with and drive leaders as well as associates to progress commercial improvements
- Proven strategic human resource business partner, with an excellent sense of operations, as well as commercial activities and an appreciation for the interplay between the two
- Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate employees in order to balance staffing strength and develop future leaders
- Results oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations
- Strong command of Microsoft Office products: PowerPoint; Excel, Word
- Key Relationships:
- VP/GMs across business units
- HR BU leaders
- Country HR leaders
- COE HR leaders
- SVP, Human Resources
- Extended global HR team
Other Requirements: * A self-starter with high energy level. Proactive, dynamic, making things "happen." * Strong strategic thinker and general manager mindset; capable of translating business objectives into tactical action plans and milestones. * An intelligent, decisive, self-confident and results-oriented individual who possess a combination of mental flexibility, creativity, analytical ability and sound judgment. * Outstanding interpersonal skills, and be able to work across functional areas within a company culture that is high performance, self-directing and collegial. * Ability to build relationships with superiors, peers and subordinates across a large and complex organization. * Able to lead, energize, and influence a wide spectrum of people to achieve exceptional performance. * Entrepreneurial spirit, with a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves mentality and a structured and pragmatic approach. * An effective collaborator and relationship builder, able to get results through influencing versus demanding by authority of position; a sought-after advisor. * Able to facilitate and encourage objective analyses of alternative points of view and be able to articulate the strengths and weaknesses of various business options in order to reach an informed decision.
Pall is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Continuous Process Improvement (DBS)
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MA-Westborough
Req ID: COR001171