Danaher Corporation Senior Project Manager - Life Sciences/Engineering in Westborough, Massachusetts
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
The Senior Project Manager is a key role within the PASS US organization. As the PASS organization is the key supplier of customized, specialty processing equipment for Pall Biotechnology, delivery of projects on-time, within specification, and on budget is a must. The Senior Project Manager will assume responsibility for the project management of large PASS projects, inclusive of engineering, procurement, manufacturing, testing, and delivery.
- Form and manage a high-functioning project team, consisting process engineers and support group members
Responsible for all phases of the project, with technical assistance from engineering, in accordance with established standard work, including:
o Pre-order Sales Support (budget/quotation phase) o performing contract review of orders received against quotations o generating all project relevant design documents, P&IDs, GAs, Electrical and Software o oversight of vendors and sub-contractors o presentation of technical solutions to customer o timely project communication internally as well as with customers o perform Pre-FAT, FAT and SAT testing and deviation resolution o finalize documentation for turn over packages (TOP) o final customer acceptance at site
Primary point of contact for the customer.
- Establish and practice project controls/governance/standards
- Provide cost reporting against budget.
- Manage the day-to-day detailed aspects of multiple projects simultaneously
- Establish and manage project schedules and milestones
- Coordinate and utilize resources for multiple projects, globally if needed, including other project managers assigned to projects.
- Manage and submit project documentation and stakeholder presentations
- Communicate with process engineers and engineering support managers to address potential risks
- Apply risk management principles to identify, mitigate, or present options for resolution to issues that impact quality, delivery or budget of the project.
- Communicate project progress and risks to program directors, executives, upper management, and stakeholders (internal and external)
- Prepare and present progress and budget reports to project directors
- Partner with process engineering to ensure designs will meet customer specifications
- Assist in testing of equipment (FAT, SAT, commissioning & qualification) as necessary
- Ensure all project documentation is complete and accurate for project close out.
- Ensure all project information is up to date in SAP in accordance to standard work.
- Travel upwards 25% - international and domestic
Skills and Knowledge:
- Previous experience in performing equipment testing (FAT, SAT, commissioning and qualification)
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite; working knowledge of project management software (Basecamp, MS Project)
- Knowledgeable in project management methodology and techniques; risk management and change management principles
- Provide technical leadership to more junior project managers and engineers.
- Well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to serve as the face of Pall in stakeholder/customer facing situations
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets
- Practical application of pharmaceutical / biologics regulations.
- Experience managing both internal and vendor resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, management, or related discipline
- 5 years experience in engineering or project management within the life sciences industry – with a focus on engineering disciplines (feasibility, design, construction, commissioning, and validation)
- 5 years of industrial experience (biotechnology and pharma) in engineering project management
- Graduate degrees in business or related field preferred
Pall is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Project/Program Management
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MA-Westborough
Req ID: LIF003840