Danaher Corporation Sr. Director, Global Talent Management in Westborough, Massachusetts
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
The Senior Director, Global Talent Management will play a vital role in leading the talent management strategy for Pall in partnership with the Senior Vice President, Global Human Resources. The Senior Director, Global Talent Management will be responsible for development of the Pall leadership, learning and talent development programs, mentoring, organization design, and all talent and succession planning processes across the global entity. These include: performance management, Organizational and Talent Assessments (I and II), program management, and building talent pipelines for senior succession roles.
As key architect of the framework, s/he will have accountability, directly or indirectly, for the success of all initiatives at the corporate, platform and operating company levels. The Senior Director, Global Talent Management will also oversee: high potential development programs, early career programming, learning vendor management, development planning tools, competency models, related employee engagement initiatives, assessment and testing, learning technology and HR professional development, all leveraged against the Danaher Business System’s (DBS) operating model.
The incumbent serves as a member of thePall Life Sciences human resources team leveraging the work and support of common Human Resource systems, tools, and processes.
Key Responsibilities: * Lead Performance, Talent and Organization Processes and Initiatives for Pall globally. * Partner with SVP Human Resources and organization to identify and develop talent management strategies, identify gaps, and plan processes to support business initiatives. * Drive high-potential management and development programs that align with long-range business strategies. * Develop a strategic development plan driving diverse talent development and supports business objectives. * Improve organizational effectiveness through the development and deployment of solutions to enhance leadership, improve productivity, and drive a performance culture. * Evaluate current leadership and talent management offerings and programs, and develop a formal plan for immediate and long-term realization of the function. Focus on further professionalizing the full employee life cycle through talent management for the global corporation. (i.e. on-boarding>>>progression through the talent funnel>>>retention & engagement).
· Strengthen organizational capability through coaching on organization design and facilitation of organization & team effectiveness.o Enable Movement of Talent by being a champion of succession planning and talent movement within Pall and across OpCos; prepare for and participate in Platform chessboard process and partner with Platform to drive internal search process/maximize internal fill.
· Partner with platform and operating company HR leaders, along with the DBS organization (DBSO), to leverage and optimize existing capabilities, while bringing new offerings to ensure sustained growth and development of talent in critical business segments and markets. Provide well integrated global talent management capability, taking Pall to a new level of talent optimization impacting the businesses in a measurable way.
· Develop People Leaders Broadly. Lead development planning within Pall and coach on development of senior and emerging leaders. Provide business VOC to Platform for design of core talent processes and development initiatives and coordinate nomination process of development programs.
Serve as a/“/Thought Leader” driving innovative processes and solutions; “Consultant” to the team of HR leaders responsible for the successful execution of all initiatives; and a proven “Manager”, ensuring flawless execution of all plans, programs and initiatives, and taking on any other tasks as required.
1. Bachelor degrees in a relevant field required. 1. Masters degree in business, organizational behavior, HR management, or related field preferred. 1. 7–15 years HR experience; experience in talent development, organization development, or succession planning preferred. 1. Proven leader in leadership and talent management and development, having led end-to-end talent management across a global company with measurable results of success in: ROI of the talent function, programs and initiatives; retention of key executive talent; and development of a robust leadership pipeline that meets the growth agenda of businesses around the globe. 1. Worked in an environment where employee engagement is known to be in the top quartile of Fortune Companies – or brings evidence of success in driving the numbers to new highs, because of initiatives set forth. 1. Brings rigorous thinking, and known for driving innovation through people. 1. Has significant global leadership experience, working across cultures and geographies. Noted experience in emerging markets. 1. Demonstrates success in partnering across a de-centralized company, and leading talent management in a highly accountable, results-focused company, where leaders at all levels focus on demonstrating visible commitment to core values and operating principles and practices. 1. Experience and facility working in a lean / Kaizen culture with track record of utilizing this methodology as a business practice. 1. Strong command of Microsoft Office products: PowerPoint; Excel, Word
- Strategic Thinking and Leadership – Capable of creating and achieving a desired future state (vision) through influence on company values, individual and group goals, execution of plans, value reinforcements, and systems.
- Impact – Commanding attention and respect, showing an air of confidence without creating an air of superiority. Must have “executive presence” and be able to immediately establish credibility within the organization and with customers and partners.
- Teamwork/Collaboration – Working effectively with both direct and indirect (those outside the formal line of authority) organizations to accomplish company goals; taking actions that respect the needs and contributions of others; contributing to and accepting the team’s decisions; subordinating personal objectives to the objectives of the company or team.
- Strategic orientation – The successful candidate will have a strategic and broad approach and will have proven his/her ability to establish strategy and to translate it into an effective, long-term action plan. He/she will have a track record of anticipating potential problems through effective analysis and proactively seeking solutions.
- Developing Organizational Talent – Developing members’ skills and competencies by planning effective development activities related to current and future positions and needs.
- Organizational Awareness – Having and using knowledge of systems, situations, pressures and culture within the company to identify potential organizational problems and opportunities; perceiving the impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the company as well as the impact on clients and suppliers. Being able to work closely with functional support organizations to effectively achieve goals.
- Communications – Presenting ideas effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to motivate and inspire both direct and indirect organizations through effectively articulating the opportunities and challenges throughout the organization.
- Integrity – Nothing less than 100 percent ethical conduct can be acceptable.
- Results Orientation: Drive to achieve results and goals in the short and long term.
- Sense of Urgency: Ability to push high priority projects through in a fast paced environment.
- High Intellect: Conceptual, strategic; ability to probe into specifics when necessary. Analytical and fact-based, but able to draw on intuition, knowledge and experience. Ability to prioritize the most relevant from all other issues. Creative and independent thinker. Open minded.
- Adaptive to change: Ability to adapt to work effectively in an environment of change, uncertainty, and ambiguity. Must be able to make pragmatic decisions in a timely fashion.
- High Energy—setting the example by the highest work ethic and passion to excel.
- Technology Awareness – Maintaining an open mind to the possibilities created by new technology advancements. Accepting responsibility for staying abreast of technology waves and resultant business implications.
- Domestic and international travel required - typically 25% - 40%
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Human Resources
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MA-Westborough
Req ID: PAL002178