Danaher Corporation Global Competitive Intelligence Manager (m/f/d) in Wetzlar, Germany
Danaher Company Description
Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company’s history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise.
Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems’ tradition of innovation, which draws on users’ ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in three divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: the Life Science Division, Industry Division, and Medical Division.
Leica Microsystems has six manufacturing facilities in five countries, with sales and service organizations in 20 countries. The company is headquartered in Wetzlar, Germany.
The Global Competitive Intelligence Manager drives business growth through delivering key insights by gathering, analyzing and distributing intelligence on products, market conditions, competitors and customers to form those insights into presentable recommendations to various business leaders in their decision-making. Focus is on uncovering areas of opportunities, unmet client needs and new angles to support Product Management and Sales & Service and provide feedback into stakeholders – basically giving Leica a competitive edge. Insights and recommendations are supposed to be put into immediate action allowing Leica to “win more”.
- Ensure Leica’s competitive advantage by continuously working with external data sources and internal stakeholders to gather key competitive insights for the business
- Identify trends, gaps, and areas of opportunity that support focused growth initiatives
- Ensure intelligence-gathering activities meet legal requirements, company policies and professional ethics
- Design and produce sales & marketing dashboards, reports and implementation-oriented market overviews that are immediately actionable for various functions
- Carefully prepare, organize and maintain updated, high-quality relevant data for internal stakeholders across regions and functions
- Act as the Competitive Intelligence Champion for Leica Microsystems providing the company with a key contact point for competitive analysis
- Prioritize research and analysis findings and recommend opportunities for optimization
- Generate specific action plans which drive meaningful impact for incremental business growth; actively support their implementation
- Support the preparation of yearly business strategy by providing competitor business plan information ensuring a clear view of the overall competitive environment
- Be a VoC expert to ensure our customers voice is heard, recorded, and integrated into effective decision-making processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, or related field; Bachelor’s; MBA a plus
- 5 Years Competitive and Marketing Intelligence Experience in a for-profit (preferably global B2B) organization, Life Science industry helpful, but not mandatory
- Sales experience/exposure helpful, proven success in increasing sales performance through delivering competitive insights and CRM platform experience (e.g.Salesforce.com) proficiency highly desired
- Knowledge of core global/regional/local regulations and laws which impact e.g. gathering and use of (confidential) data
- Reporting and data analysis experience, including dashboard creation and visual depiction of insights and ideas
- Passion for continuous improvement in research, analysis and insight generation in ambiguous situations
- Proficient in English and German desirable (spoken & written), other languages a a plus
- Hands-on experience with BI tools (Domo, Power BI, etc.), expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Analytical & problem-solving ability
- Strategic «big picture» and future-oriented thinking
- Strong communication competence with proactive mind-set
- Travel required (estimated 10-20%)
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Microsystems
Job Function: Marketing
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-Germany-Hessen-Wetzlar
Req ID: COR001185