Danaher Corporation Service Director, EMEA (m/w/d) in Wetzlar, Germany
Danaher Company Description
Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company’s history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise. Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems’ tradition of innovation, which draws on users’ ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in three divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: the Life Science Division, Industry Division, and Medical Division. Leica Microsystems has seven major plants and product development sites around the world. The company is represented in over 100 countries, has sales and service organizations in 20 countries, and an international network of distribution partners. Its headquarters are located in Wetzlar, Germany.
Leica Microsystems, Inc offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job.
Leica Microsystems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
- Ensure the required quantity and skill level to deliver on-time and cost-efficient service support to customers (technical and application) fulfilling and exceeding their service expectations and fixing service needs as much as possible remotely
- Develop, establish and assess effective Service delivery concepts, managing customer expectations, skills, time, costs and territory
- Run and optimize efficient workforce planning and management concepts within region
- Establish service delivery processes and continue to build organization to enable service growth
- Lead and develop Service contract sales team and manage linkage to Service delivery model
- Manage employees’ compensation, career planning, performance reviews, create results-oriented culture, stimulate teamwork in order to motivate and retain employees and ensure their top level performance
- Establish Daily Management and frequent KPI reporting to closely monitor the business performance to ensure the achievement of quality and financial targets
- Ensure on-time and lean order processing from customer call/ complaint awareness to bill
- Regularly visit customers to drive customer experience
- Keep close contact to Sales teams to understand and deliver their service support requirements
- Work closely with Global Service Unit to ensure that Service Support, Service Operations and Service Marketing functions are covering regional customer needs and support regional Service Growth
- Strong Technical and Customer Service background in Life Science Business or similar
- 8 years successful leadership experience in an international Technical Service role with strong affinity to service as a business
- Demonstrated ability in strategy implementation and tactical change management
- Experience with highly-matrixed organizations
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Microsystems
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-Germany-Hessen-Wetzlar
Req ID: LEI004507