Danaher Corporation European Professional Service Director in Wokingham, United Kingdom
Danaher Company Description
Molecular Devices, LLC creates innovative, high-quality bioanalysis solutions that increase our customers’ productivity. By joining Molecular Devices, you will work with best-in-class people who share a common purpose, to be our customers' first choice for systems, consumables, software, and support that advance both basic and applied life science discovery. Our core values are critical elements of our past and future success -- The best team wins. Customers talk, we listen. Continuous improvement is our way of life. Leading edge innovation defines our future. We compete for our shareholders.
Molecular Devices offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
Molecular Devices is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
The European Professional Services Director is responsible for leading a diverse team focused on delivering end to end European Service activities and service within the European region. Currently the European Professional Service Teams have representation in the following regions, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Netherlands, Ireland, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom. This role has overall responsibility for delivery for service revenue, service administration, depot, and Field Service Engineers.
As a senior member of the European Leadership Team and Global Professional Services Team, this role has direct line responsibility for a cross regional leadership team of 7, which includes 2 Regional Field Service Managers, Deport Supervisor, Customer Service Administration Supervisor and Service Plan Team with the total European associate population of 38 across Europe. Furthermore, this role requires high level of collaboration with other functional groups, including European Commercial Team, R & D and business enabling partners in Human Resources and Finance.
An integral part of this role is the post holder’s ability to balance strategy and tactics and, to foster creativity, innovation and building organisational capability that is directed towards growing European Professional Services revenue and associates.
In addition to the above, as part of directly supporting Professional Service global growth strategies, the European Professional Service Director may occasionally be called upon to leverage his or her experience to provide direct leadership support for certain strategic geographies including, but not limited to, Greater China, Japan, Korea, Southeast Asia, the Middle East, North America and India.
- Define the growth strategy for the EU Professional Service business that delivers targeted / budgeted growth goals.
- Provides direction, leadership and coaching for all Direct Reports and build organizational team and functional capability by deployment of standard work processes including Danaher Business Systems and HR Core Processes.
- Develop and implement annual service business plan consistent with the overall strategy.
- Manage lead and motivate EU Service teams to deliver high standard, revenue generating post sales customer support.
- Promote Professional Service excellence in the field by travelling with the Field Service team and customers.
- Taking ownership for Professional Service Net Promoter and Net Easy Score and putting the
- necessary Standard Work and performance measures in place in order to succeed.
- Drive systematic global service processes to: - enhance revenue growth; managing and prioritizing service scheduling; control of stock, spares, expenses etc.
- Monitor progress against targets and gives timely feedback and coaching support to team managers.
- Through Regional Service Managers ensure that all installation, repair and planned instrument maintenance are completed in the most cost effective/profit generating way.
- Responsible for building individual, team and organization capability by driving best practice with direct reports in managing HR core processes (Performance 4 Growth and Development 4 Growth and Organisation Talent Assessment).
- Increase Professional Service Engagement Survey index by 25 points
- Delivering through direct reports an annual Professional Service technical training plan that meets the revenue growth needs, develops organizational capability, in line with customer needs and ensures ongoing compliance to local regional regulations and SOX.
- As required provide service lead for M&A activities within Molecular Devices Europe..
- Takes responsibility for own personal development and knowing about the market and competition.
- Is aware of Health and Safety and conducts self in a way that does not put him/herself or any other person at risk.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The jobholder should possess the qualifications, experience and skills set out below to meet the requirements of the role as well as embrace the Danaher Values:
Qualifications: o Experience in leading and growing a profitable business o Appropriate qualification in electronic & Electrical Engineering (HND/BSc Engineering and above)
- Working in a large multi-national company ideally with a U.S. parent.
- Managing a large operational service team: - field based, depot based and administrative, preferably covering a number of countries in Europe.
- Familiar with life science instrumentation used in analytical, life science or pharmaceutical markets.
Essential – experience with electronic, optical and mechanical engineering environments.
Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly in areas of negotiation, persuasion, research & problem solving.
- Credible with experienced engineers, customers and leaders.
- Able to lead on effective scheduling methods/systems.
- Provide strong leadership and role model on Danaher Business Systems
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, basic graphics software and database management software required.
- Be highly motivated with demonstrative interpersonal, presentation and organisational skills.
- The ability to work with a high degree of independence, self-starter.
- Ability to work together in a constructive way with peers, subordinates and seniors in anticipating and resolving issues.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Molecular Devices
Job Function: Marketing
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-United Kingdom-Berkshire-Wokingham
Req ID: MOL002187