Danaher Corporation Field Applications Scientist - AWES in Wokingham, United Kingdom
Danaher Company Description
Molecular Devices, LLC creates innovative, high-quality bioanalysis solutions that increase our customers’ productivity. By joining Molecular Devices, you will work with best-in-class people who share a common purpose, to be our customers' first choice for systems, consumables, software, and support that advance both basic and applied life science discovery. Our core values are critical elements of our past and future success -- The best team wins. Customers talk, we listen. Continuous improvement is our way of life. Leading edge innovation defines our future. We compete for our shareholders.
Molecular Devices offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
Molecular Devices is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
- Provide training (onsite and virtually) within Region and virtual support (phone/webex) regionally to support our sales channels and our customers on AWES solutions.
- Prepare and maintain documentation and analysis of customer requirements, for quoting and implementation purposes.
- Assist sales team and management with technical qualification for Biologic Solutions applications.
- Provide customer facing technical descriptions and explanations of AWES instruments and workflows to our sales channels and partners.
- Onsite feasibility testing and analysis and modelling of workflow to help customers get more value from their Molecular Devices instruments.
- Understand the science and needs behind customer requests and workflow. Work with the rest of the Advanced Workflow Engineering Solutions team to translate this understanding into plans for feasibility, specification, development, build, and validation (from ideation to revenue-recognition to long term support of the custom application).
- Perform and Attend Factory Acceptance and Site Acceptance Testing.
- Preparation of customer training and pre-sales materials.
- Consolidate and document customer feedback and requests and maintain metrics, in order to provide understanding of new applications and opportunity for product improvement and innovation.
- Collaborate with Marketing colleagues, to promote AWES solutions globally.
- Support the regional sales team in the sales and proposal of AWES solutions through presentation materials, demonstrations and customer meetings.
- Act as a consultant for customers and internally for our global sales channel and AWES team.
- Participate in product innovation exercises, product development, marketing events and sales meetings as subject matter expert on custom instrumentation and workflow
- Travel 50% is an expectation of this role
- Education: A BS in a Life Science discipline or Engineering degree is required.
- 5 years of professional work experience in a life science discovery laboratory environment
- Self starter, organized and driven individual, with experience working in a field based (remote) location
- Experience with hardware/software customization, robotics, and automated workflow development including design, implementation, providing support and training
- Experience with automated scheduling software and robotics control software. Programming experience a plus.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple activities/projects, priorities, and people in a fast-paced, high-growth, results-driven environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical/problem-solving skills, and the ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Experience managing time-sensitive and high dollar amount projects and customer deliverables
- Good working knowledge of the design and function of all Molecular Devices products and the science problems that these products solve.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a customer facing pre-sale and/or support role
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, able to self-regulate schedule and report weekly activities and priorities.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Salesforce.com (ServiceMax), knowledge of CAD tools a plus but not a requirement
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Demonstrable positive experience with DBS tools a plus.
- Fluent in local language(s) and English
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Molecular Devices
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-Germany
Req ID: MOL002066