Danaher Corporation Technical Support Specialist (English and German Speaking) in Wokingham, United Kingdom
Danaher Company Description
Molecular Devices, LLC creates innovative, high-quality bioanalysis solutions that increase our customers’ productivity. By joining Molecular Devices, you will work with best-in-class people who share a common purpose, to be our customers' first choice for systems, consumables, software, and support that advance both basic and applied life science discovery. Our core values are critical elements of our past and future success -- The best team wins. Customers talk, we listen. Continuous improvement is our way of life. Leading edge innovation defines our future. We compete for our shareholders.
Molecular Devices offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
Molecular Devices is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
Customers and associates internally and externally throughout Molecular Devices (UK) Ltd and the Danaher Corporation.
- Answer and direct telephone, e-mail and internet based technical calls from our customers - using knowledge of both products and Corporation infrastructure to direct to appropriate contacts for resolution and follow up to ensure closure.
- Analyse problems with nonfunctioning electro/mechanical/optical equipment or software applications to identify problem area(s) and recommend corrective action.
- Assist customers with Softmax Pro & all instrument specific software, including system performance & data analysis/interpretation.
- Recommend solutions to customer application problems and the development of customer understanding.
- Liaise with the relevant US Tech support group as appropriate to improve European knowledge.
- Provide office-based laboratory support as required. This will include testing of equipment/customer applications and assisting in demonstrations. Some customer site visits may be required within the UK.
- Ensure all activities reported/data captured through company business system including administration of quality related issues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Takes responsibility for own personal development and knowing about the market and competition.
- Is aware of Health and Safety and conducts self in a way that does not put him/herself or any other person at risk.
• Able to occasionally travel and work away from home nationally/internationally.
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Measures of performance:
Performance measures are revised regularly and aligned with business objectives and personal development goals. These will include but are not limited to the following:
• Call closure/resolution rate to >70% within 48hrs.
• Support request same day conversion to case 90%.
• Participation in Lead Find program
• Customer satisfaction surveys
• Feedback from wider organisation teams
The jobholder should possess the qualifications, experience and skills set out below to meet the requirements of the role as well as embrace the Danaher Values:
- BSc in Biological/Chemical Sciences essential; MSc./PhD desirable.
- General laboratory experience.
- Basic knowledge and experience of Laboratory instrumentation (both hardware and software) is essential. Full and comprehensive training on Molecular Devices products will be given.
- At least 2 years (post grad) laboratory experience.
- Customer facing experience desirable.
- Customer focused and persistent.
- Fluent in English and good level of spoken and written German.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly by telephone and emailing.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, basic graphics software and database management software required.
- Be highly motivated with demonstrative interpersonal, and good organisational skills.
- The ability to work with a degree of independence.
- Ability to work together in a constructive way with colleagues.
- Strong computer skills (std MS Office tools) and an understanding of software essential.
- Handle stressful situation with calm confidence.
- Flexible and agile approach to changing prioritisation of workload.
- Ability to quickly assimilate and analyse complex data to facilitate resolution
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Molecular Devices
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-United Kingdom-Berkshire-Wokingham
Req ID: MOL002045