Danaher Corporation Sr. Manager Internal Communications in Wood Dale, Illinois
Danaher Company Description
Videojet Technologies, Inc. is the global leader in the manufacturing of coding, printing and marking products. This high technology product prints variable information, such as expiration dates on grocery products, packaged goods, pharmaceuticals or catalogues. As the market share leader, we have operations in over 30 countries with 2600 employees worldwide. A wholly owned subsidiary of Danaher Corporation (www.danaher.com), Videojet is the core of the $800 million Product Identification Platform. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused and growth-oriented, guided by the phenomenally successful Danaher Business System. Working at Videojet, gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging, “stretch” opportunities.
The Sr. Manager Internal Communications is responsible for developing and executing Videojet’s Global internal communications strategy to organize and disseminate information which aligns our organization and associates with the Videojet Vision, Mission, Guiding Principle, our strategic initiatives, annual operating plan and driving ongoing business results. The Sr. Manager provides communications support for key initiatives including change management, engagement, Videojet’s internal/external employment brand, leading Wood Dale community relations activities, and driving the regular cadence of monthly, quarterly and annual communications through multiple medium including email, intranet, print, video and social media.
- Develop and implement communications strategies, plans and actions which inspire, engage and align our associates in support of growing Videojet’s position as the Global Leader in Marking and Coding.
- Collaboratively work with the President, VP HR and other members of the leadership team to understand and support the business through developing and publishing proactive, impactful and high quality communications which align and motivate the organization.
- Regularly deploy communications tools including newsletters, business updates, quarterly presentations, organizational announcements, talking points, Q&A’s, briefing summaries, website content, engagement updates, employee promotional materials, video blogs, and others to support business leadership initiatives.
- Utilize and build a variety of best in class and impactful and creative mediums of communication, such as videos, WebEx, podcasts, blogs, intranet/SharePoint, electronic bulletin boards, newsletters and emails to ensure communications are perceived as contemporary and compelling.
- Lead the overall PID engagement process serving as the global engagement champion. Actively drive Videojet’s global engagement via the associate survey process including pulse surveys and driving/tracking action plans & countermeasures. Co-champion global engagement improvement planning and actions with the VP HR with collaborative input from the leadership team and all levels of the organization.
- Represent the Product Identification Platform (PID) as an active member of the Danaher Communications Council participating in Danaher’s communications strategy development and best practice sharing.
- Partner with HR Leaders to facilitate and improve communication between Human Resources and associates utilizing to publish information regarding performance management, associate development, training, upcoming events and benefits.
- Work with Global Human Resources Leaders and Talent Acquisition to improve our employment brand/value proposition to our associates and drive external recruiting via social media strategy, processes and tools to continuously improve our reach to passive candidates.
- Drive global participation in regional/country/ local competitions that recognize outstanding HR practices and work environment thereby reinforcing and promoting our employment brand internally and externally.
- Assist the President, VP Human Resources and other business leaders in consolidating information and developing presentations for all hands meetings and other events.
- Leverage Danaher’s Intranet/Danaher Connect and work in partner with Videojet Marcom to develop standard work, templates, brand guidelines and graphics for internal communication which are aligned and as needed approve by Videojet’s legal and Marcom departments.
- Benchmark external companies and other Danaher operating companies to learn and deploy best practices around global communication at Videojet.
- Develop groups and standard mailing lists by region and associate group for distributing information.
- Establish and maintain regular Danaher Business Systems (DBS) processes, metrics and visual management for tracking communications implementation and effectiveness.
- Facilitate post communication feedback and ongoing upward communications to ensure we are listening to our regions, functions and all levels of associates. Adjust communications and/or lead responses as a result.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an internal communications or related role including at least 2 years leading a communications function reporting to a Sr. Business Leader.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, journalism or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to simplify and convey complex information and format in an engaging and motivational look and feel.
- Highly positive mindset having demonstrated flexibility, resilience and willingness to explore different paths to communicate and willingness to adjust quickly, efficiently and positively to feedback of all types and changes.
- Proven ability to work with Sr. Leaders to synthesize information and develop and simplify strategic and complex messages into compelling, clear and motivating communications.
- Track record developing, executing and evolving comprehensive, proactive communications and measurably successful campaigns across multiple medium leveraging visual storytelling to support change and influence.
- Experience and effectiveness, collecting analyzing, interpreting qualitative and quantitative survey and other data to develop a thorough understanding of feedback/options and how to impact future results.
- Outstanding creative content developer with presentation software and other communications medium.
- Self-motivated who performs without significant direction or oversight and can effectively prioritize and escalate when needed. * High level of detail orientation to edit own work and that of others.
- Skilled in the use of multiple state of the art communications and social media platforms.
Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously in a time-sensitive and fast paced environment.
Videojet is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Videojet Technologies
Job Function: Communications
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IL-Wood Dale
Req ID: VID004883